Why Do You Fear the Word ‘Outsourcing’?
This article is from guest blogger Steve Wooster, writer.
Anyone who has responsibilities in-house for human resources and/or payroll, will know what a full-on job it can be to keep the entire business staffed, happy, secure, and paid. Whether there’s a team of 30 looking after an organisation of 1,000 people or three individuals dealing with a small company of twenty, it’s tough. For a start, there are a lot of rules and regulations that need to be kept abreast of – separate for HR and payroll – a job in itself. Falling behind with new legislation can have catastrophic effects. That’s why it might be a good idea to consider getting some help, to allow the in-house teams to concentrate on other, more important jobs or projects.
Benefits of Outsourcing
‘Outsourcing’ needn’t be a scary word, there are different levels of assistance that can be provided which means that jobs won’t necessarily be under threat at all.
Quite the reverse, time will be freed up making people’s workloads a lot more manageable. For instance, if a business was to outsource payroll, they could direct all of the payroll admin to the third party, or ask them to manage any new legalities, such as pension auto-enrolment.
Maybe the outsourced company could handle the monthly pay run while the rest of the team concentrated on process improvement?
Or they could simply provide a telephone helpline that employees could call when they had pay issues.
Effectiveness and Efficiency of Outsourcing
Similarly with HR, an outsourced firm might handle the entire recruitment process, leaving in-house team members free to conduct any employee relations meetings, revise policies and implement flexible working initiatives.
Or they might be asked to deal with the mountains of paperwork that HR processes generate.
This would also allow for internal development of in-house staff who will now have time on their hands without the menial, but necessary, tasks.
Brings Focus to Building Instead of Managing Your Business
Ultimately, businesses and their employees should not fear outsourcing, it could actually help equip individuals with new skills, allow them to progress and encourage them to enjoy their job.
About Our Guest Blogger
More articles by Our Audience...
- Latest Technology Requires Higher Skill Levels -- Get Training! - 18-February-2013
- 10 Techniques to Effective Applicant Tracking - 14-February-2013
- Are You Learning Project Management the Right Way? - 14-February-2013
- How Do Those Headshots Get In Google Searches? - 13-February-2013
- Obtain A PMP Certification While Maintaining Your Work Schedule - 24-January-2013
- Entering the Workforce? What You Need to Know About Interviews - 22-January-2013
- How An Effective Absence Management Policy Can Benefit All - 17-January-2013
- What Are The Security Issues Surrounding Cloud Technology? - 11-January-2013
- The Grinch Who Stole Data - 19-December-2012
- Infographic: The @Work State of Mind - 29-November-2012
Our ISP Has Many Services to Fit Your Needs...
With 15,000+ videos on our 220+ combined playlists, we're bound to have something for you!
Click below to see how our daily additions can help you!