The Value of Pre-Employment Testing in the Recruitment Process
This quick guide to pre-employment testing is provided by a reputable U.K. legal recruitment agency in Leeds and West Yorkshire.
Managers often have a difficult time filling open job positions because there are so many people applying for them.
An excellent way to screen job applicants is to provide them with pre-employment tests.
Many times, these tests will include testing applicants based on their work skills, personality, knowledge, Eintegrity, cognitive abilities, emotional intelligence, and more.
Drug testing applicants is many times part of the screening process too.
After pre-employment tests are conducted, managers can then come to a conclusion as to which job applicants can best fulfill any open job positions.
Why Are Pre-Employment Tests So Valuable?
There are many benefits associated with conducting pre-employment assessments.
One of the major benefits is that companies are able to decrease the amount of time and resources it takes to hire new workers.
Companies can also improve their organizational morale through these types tests.
Furthermore, they can decrease their turnover rate.
Understanding Pre-Employment Assessments
Even though pre-employment screenings can bring a company many benefits, it should not be forgotten that their validity must be maintained.
An effective and legally compliant test must measure specific criteria in a way that helps predict a test taker’s ability to carry out basic job functions.
Employers that conduct these types of tests must be able to back up the test with measureable data that test takers who perform well also perform well on the job.
There has to be some type of positive correlation between the results of the tests and the job performance of the employees who take them.
How do the Tests Aid in Choosing Job Applicants?
Effective screening tests will help managers answer the following questions:
- What level of enthusiasm do the test takers have?
- Do the job applicants have the potential to move into managerial positions?
- What problem solving skills do the test takers have?
- What are the test taker’s weaknesses?
- What type of attitude do the test takers have?
- Can the test takers respond well to stress and heavy workloads?
- How well can the test takers multi-task?
Unique Features of Pre-Employment Assessments
Pre-employment screening is very advantageous because it can be implemented throughout all hierarchies of an organization.
Whether a new executive needs to be hired or a line worker, a pre-employment test can help choose the best possible candidate.
This type of test can also be used to provide evidence of due diligence if it is needed in the event that a litigation case is brought against a company.
More articles by Our Audience...
- Latest Technology Requires Higher Skill Levels -- Get Training! - 18-February-2013
- 10 Techniques to Effective Applicant Tracking - 14-February-2013
- Are You Learning Project Management the Right Way? - 14-February-2013
- How Do Those Headshots Get In Google Searches? - 13-February-2013
- Obtain A PMP Certification While Maintaining Your Work Schedule - 24-January-2013
- Entering the Workforce? What You Need to Know About Interviews - 22-January-2013
- How An Effective Absence Management Policy Can Benefit All - 17-January-2013
- What Are The Security Issues Surrounding Cloud Technology? - 11-January-2013
- The Grinch Who Stole Data - 19-December-2012
- Infographic: The @Work State of Mind - 29-November-2012
Our ISP Has Many Services to Fit Your Needs...
With 15,000+ videos on our 220+ combined playlists, we're bound to have something for you!
Click below to see how our daily additions can help you!