For vendors, we have 2 content series...
The HRIS World Vendor Spotlight™ focuses on the different aspects of the business of the vendor and its software
Our other series, The HRIS World Vendor Interview Series™ focuses on the decision makers, the thoughts they have for the future of work as well as what they see as the challenges coming up in the industry
Both series can be found through the second menu at the top of any page under The HRIS World Content Series™
The Vendor Interview Series is provided in email, pocast and video interview format.
You will find various aspects of a vendors business as well as any announcement of webinars, group demos, and conferences a vendor may be conducting.
If you are a vendor wanting to contribute to either series via a post or interview, feel free to reach out to by contacting us here
In today’s global market, it is vital for companies to hold on to their most vital asset, which is the human resource, if they are to remain relevant in spite of the aggressive competition all around them.
This is because the success chart for any company not only depends on factors such as technology, strategies, and products, but also on its labor force to a large extent.
By using modern, high-quality software technologies, companies can easily achieve effective human resource management, which will in turn lead to maximum workforce output.
For those that are sold at a price, you might want to Google the internet for discounts.
The following is a list of some of the top five open source apps available for human resources…
More than 10,000 companies have subscribed for Qandidate.com’s free recruitment system -- big companies, small companies, complex companies, international companies, in all shapes and sizes.
They know that tools are not supposed to make the process more difficult and know nothing is more frustrating than hitting that button and the system doesn’t do what you expected it to do.
Qandidate.com is THE free recruitment system for the corporate recruiters; designed together with recruiters who were looking for a recruitment system that actually works.
WaypointHR is one of the most highly rated open source human resource software among users.
This is because it offers a flexible and stable interface that allows HR managers to store all the information concerning their employees in an easy-to-access manner.
Since it is also user-friendly, managers with different technical knowledge and background can operate it with ease.
Being a web application, any company can use LATRIX to manage and monitor its workforce.
There are 17 different varieties that companies can choose from to configure the software according to their unique requirements.
Other features in this open source software include shifts, time zones, public holidays, and block periods.
For certain organizations, it is important that employee attendance be accurately monitored.
Such organizations can benefit from TimeTrex software, as it effectively handles the task of monitoring attendance.
This is because it is a real-time app that supervises employee attendance from any global location.
Companies can also customize the software to meet their budget and requirements.
This is a free and popular human resource management software that effectively improves communication within a company.
Using the software, information from HR managers can be conveyed with ease to employees in every department in a company.
When installed, OrangeHRM takes up minimal space of only 5.7 MB. In spite of its small size, it provides valuable features that cover all necessary functions in a company.
Examples of modules available in the software include applicant module, employee self-service module, personal information management module, and benefit module.
click on the slide or logo above to visit the respective site
Editor’s Note: Examine All Your Options
Human resource software has largely grown and developed over time and today, and as seen from the selections above, there are various kinds available, some free and some not.
The selection process should be taken diligently and slowly — last thing you want to do is getting everything up and running only to discover the operational costs and needs are also absorbing your budget or profits right out the door.
We consider some more options in our later post Open Source HR Software? or Closed Source? Which Shall It Be? where we provide more food for thought, advice, as well as a starting point for your needs assessment and selection process.
If you have already opted out of pursuing an Open Source System or want to discover what options are available to you through Closed Source Systems, then by all means go for a free consultation.
What Are Your Thoughts??
✔ Besides this list from Joy, what other recommendations can you provide?
✔ We will probably revisit this within the coming year, whatelse would you like to see reviewed?
✔ Appirio and KnowledgeFusion have stated that between now and 2016, perhaps 2018, 85% of HRIS systems will move to the cloud — what are your concerns about cloud computing?
Please share your thoughts with our audience in the comments section below!
Discover More About Our Vendor Spotlight Series
More Content In This Series…
- What They Don’t Tell You Before Obtaining A New HRIS System
- Mitigating and Overcoming Common Hazards of Building an Efficient Recruitment Process
- What is HR data really all about — metrics? Or INSIGHTS?
- How To Improve the Journey for your Candidates and Hiring Managers
- Top 10 Cloud Apps for Your Small Business
- Online Service for Booking SAP Consultants
- With Cloud Computing, What Do You Need to Know About IaaS?
- How Do You Determine Good Reporting Metrics When Using SharePoint?
- Top 5 Business Payroll Software Programs
- Do You Know What to Look for in Good HR Software?
- VidCruiter Continues to Innovate
- More Cloud-Based Services You May Be Using
- Exploiting Innovative Technologies in BI and Big Data Analytics
- From SMB to Enterprise: Top 5 Major European Payroll Software Vendors
- MOVE Guides for Your Talent Mobility
- talentia: Consolidated Technology Aligns Financial Data With HR Activity
- Sonru, Leading Video Interviewing Software Sponsors HR Tech World, Paris
- Lumesse au rendez-vous d’HR Tech World à Paris
- Top 5 Open Source Software for Human Resource Management
- metaphor.com: Boosting Empowerment – Can Empowering Employees Really Affect Change?
- Open Source HR Software? or Closed Source? Which Shall It Be?
- 4 HR Management Systems For Your Small Business (think Cloud)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Cloud Applicant Tracking Systems
- GigPlug – A New Channel for Talent Acquisition
- How to Make Preparing Your Resume Painless
- Renishaw and Talentia HR Software
- How Basecamp Impacts Project Management Execution
- Basecamp Will Definitely Change the Way You Do Project Management
- How to Reclaim Unsynced Files in Microsoft OneNote
- 5 Reasons Why Users Deem Linux as the Best OS
- Establishing Efficient Workflows Using SharePoint? Yes! Here’s How…
- Here’s a Thought: How About Using SharePoint to Actually… Share?
- Creating Value in Managing Documents By Using SharePoint
- Have You Thought About What to Look for In a SharePoint Consultant?
- Giving Small Business a Competitive Advantage with the Cloud
- Improve Project Management? Time & Attendance Software
- Top 5 Absence Management Systems For Small Businesses
- Time Tracking Software For Freelancers and SMBs
Our Social Media Presence
Latest posts by Joy Maiywa (see all)
- Top 5 Open Source Software for Human Resource Management - Thu, 8-Oct-2015