Use our LinkedIn Login to download this post to PDF or save it to MyLibrary!
Finding the right talent to staff an IT department is never an easy task.
Technology itself is constantly evolving, so the focus needs to be on hiring both talented and forward thinking individuals who will allow a company to innovate and thrive.
The alternative risks getting left in the dust as similar companies speed by on the road to success.
Potential IT candidates need to be up to date on the latest in technological advances to put themselves in a better position to help usher your company into the future.
One of the many talents that IT recruits need to possess is the ability to work within a cloud-based structure.
More and more companies are jumping into the cloud head first due to its obvious benefits.
Cloud-based systems make it easier to allocate resources across separate departments within a business.
The cloud makes it easier to store large amounts of information and can also make that information available to all employees immediately.
Cloud-based systems emphasize two things: the availability and the reliability of a particular service.
post continues after these offers
Want to inspire others? So do we!
Help us inspire our audience as well as expand your audience
so they may inspire others as well!
Your sponsorship will bring podcasts, videos, and interviews
that will motivate both our audiences into action!
Just click the image below to discover more!
post continues from above
Any IT candidate who is interviewed needs to be able to focus on those two areas for the best possible results.
Because cloud-based systems place an emphasis on the Web, potential candidates need to be able to focus on areas like networking and DNS.
Additionally, potential candidates should be well versed in various programming languages like Ruby, C++ and Java.
Fields of Study
Just because many businesses are focusing on the cloud doesn’t mean that a particular recruit needs to have exclusive experience in that particular field.
Engineers who specialize in software development, and especially those who have studied in both infrastructure services and networking, will make valuable additions to any IT department.
Potential recruits should also have an experience with a wide variety of different operating systems and programming languages.
Remaining on the cutting edge means being open to new challenges, especially in a cloud-based system.
A focus on only one programming language could potentially leave a recruit, as well as a business, vulnerable in other areas.
Weeding Out Bad Candidates
Just because someone is interviewing for a position doesn’t necessarily mean that individual knows what they’re talking about.
However, you can’t rely on the same old tactics to weed out candidates who don’t necessarily fit the qualifications of a particular position.
For example, many executives agree that security credentials are no longer as important in a cloud-based world as they once were.
Instead, focus on a wide variety of different interview questions ranging across a number of different topics.
Working within the cloud requires versatility. A potential recruit who can’t live up to that requirement will quickly become apparent.
More than that, potential recruits need to be both talented and highly motivated.
The lack of even one of these qualities could spell disaster for an IT department, which in turn could eventually harm the growth of a business in a number of different ways.
It’s possible to take a proactive approach to running your business and look towards the future by hiring the right candidates today.
By hiring bright and talented individuals with an eye towards emerging technologies, you can make sure that your company is at the front of the pack and doesn’t get left behind.
Discover More About Recruiting
- What Are the 10 Best HR Consulting Firms in Australia?
- How Technology Has Changed HR and the Hiring Process
- 3 Tips for Assessing the Value of Degrees
- Finding Work After Long-Term Unemployment
- Aspirations of a New Generation – the Millennials
- The Value of Pre-Employment Testing in the Recruitment Process
- Background Checks Are Enough? Think Again…
- What Is Compromised In the Recruitment Screening Process
- Staffing Your IT Department for Success
- LatAm Is Turning SMS Into A Recruitment Tool
- Big Data and HR: A love story
- How to Use Pinterest to Find Your Dream Job
- How to Implement Social Media to Your Business
- Is a Job Candidate’s Social Media History Taboo?
- Taking a Chance in Your Hiring Decisions — Polished? or Rough?
- The Impact Of Mobile On Recruiting
- Looking for that Right Employee? 6 Ways to Recruit Effectively
- Porter Williams: The Candidate Interviewing Process With Technology That Keeps Pace With Business
- Building a Talent Pool by Using Social Media
- The Importance of Public Relations in Business
- When Turnover Boosts the Bottom Line
- Marie Claire Poitras: A Simplified Way to Video Interviewing
- Who is Brynne Kennedy, Besides CEO & Founder of MOVE Guides’?
- How Facebook Can Help Recruit Healthcare Workers
- 6 Things to Look for on a Job Candidate’s Social Media Profile
- How Using A Niche Job Board Increases Your Prospects
- What is The True Cost of Employee Turnover?
- How Mobile Technology Can Improve Your Recruitment Process
- What Can a Company Do to Streamline the Hiring Process?
- The Evolution of HR Technology
- 5 Most Common Mobile Recruiting Mistakes
- The High Cost of Ignorance When Selecting Selection Tools (part 2)
- The High Cost of Ignorance When Selecting Selection Tools
- Transforming Talent Into Tomorrow’s Workforce
- If 70% Are Seeking Jobs via Mobile, Then Why Aren’t You Mobile?
- Hiring Process: Saving You Money? Or Costing You Your Investment?
- What Suggestions Do You Have for a Best Practice Guide to Recruitment?
- 7 Reasons Why You Bombed That Job Interview
- Threatened: IT Jobs in the Wild
- Why You Should Be Using Social Media for Recruiting
Our Social Media Presence
Where to Follow Us!
Dawn Altnam is a regular contributor to The HRIS World, be sure to see her other articles listed just below.
Dawn lives & works in the midwest and loves following the business tech world.
After furthering her education, she now spends her time researching her interests and blogging her discoveries quite often.
Latest posts by Dawn Altnam (see all)
- Leveraging HR Technology in an HR Paper World - Fri, 28-Apr-2017
- BYOD: What Is It? And How Will It Work for Your Business? - Fri, 13-May-2016
- When Technology Becomes Convenient, Is It Really Easier? - Sun, 8-May-2016
- Staffing Your IT Department for Success - Thu, 5-May-2016
- Big Data and HR: A love story - Fri, 8-Apr-2016