It’s October, And We Have Returned…
Where Have We Been?
If you missed it, we were on our honeymoon during September and taking some much needed rest.
In Brazil, the labor laws require a minimum of 20 days, with a total of 30 days, vacation for any one employee — whether full time, or part time.
As my wife is a partner here, she gets the better part of the deal — she is also the boss in this family but realizes she is out-gunned with running a business
First, A Breakdown in Automation
First, we need to apologize to anyone that sent us an email during late August and anytime in September.
All emails that were received were given a response during the month of September but it seems not everyone received the response.
We have found a ‘bug’ in our Outlook, thanks to someone in India sending us something that will change the subject box once an email is viewed, usually to something like “***SPAM***Meet Jewish Singles” or some other topic, but always starting with “***SPAM***”.
We are working with our vendor to trace everything — as far as we know, it has not been sent to anyone but we would rather act on the side of caution more than anything else.
If you received something like this from us, DO NOT OPEN IT, DO NOT HIT REPLY but send it through your virus protection then FORWARD this email to [email protected] AS AN ATTACHMENT
- If you have already opened it, and none of your emails are changing subjects once opened, then you should be OK
- If your emails are changing subjects once opened, contact your vendor for your virus protection immediately
Getting Back in the Saddle
To coin a phrase, we are back in the saddle — and working like dogs right now.
We are reviewing all articles sent to us and they will be published in the order they were received.
Everyone will be contacted to be sure the article(s) has not been published elsewhere during September as well as notified before publication.
What Is the HRIS World? is a 2-minute video put together to promote our publishing company as well as our blogs. Our video will be featured on our YouTube channel as well as promoted throughout our social media and the web.
You can watch the video from here…
We are asking for comments and suggestions — the video is in 360p format right now and will be reproduced in HD after the 21st of this month. You can leave your comments below or email us.
Upgrades to our sites
All our sites will be having updates applied during the week, so our apologies up front if you arrive and find everything looking kind-of funky.
Like our sidebar… content boxes that are supposed to open and close, instead have no words appearing… and our call-to-action buttons are, well, they have looked a lot better in the past.
All this is in the process of being corrected…
We usually try to do the updates while it is late in the Americas but being a blog that is read globally, there is never any real convenient time to do this.
The last update that was applied while we were on our honeymoon had some major changes in programming that has us scrambling to correct format and configuration errors. Right now, we are not sure what to expect with the latest updates but are waiting to hear from our vendors before applying the updates.
But, as we noted in our video, we do like to work like dogs here.
Always feel free to contact us — we only manage and try to control what is going on here, but you – our audience – determines what we do and where we go with The HRIS World.
More articles by Garrett O'Brien...
- 3 Ways FSAs Save Money During Tax Time - 10-December-2013
- Worldwide Tablet Shipments Forecast to Slow to Single-Digit Growth Rates by 2017 - 6-December-2013
- Our YouTube Channels? 10,000+ videos & 30,000+ views! - 4-December-2013
- Have You Given Thanks to the Challenges in Your Life? - 25-November-2013
- How a Workplace Injury Could Affect Your Business, Directly & Indirectly - 19-November-2013
- #GreatWorkMBA Day 5 -- Practice Deeply - 14-November-2013
- #GreatWorkMBA Day 4 -- Refine Your Skills - 13-November-2013
- Announcing A New Partnership with Purely Payroll / Purely Global - 13-November-2013
- #GreatWorkMBA Day 3 -- Connect to Purpose - 12-November-2013
- It Is Important to Remember as It Is to Teach the Young - 11-November-2013
Our ISP Has Many Services to Fit Your Needs...
With 15,000+ videos on our 220+ combined playlists, we're bound to have something for you!
Click below to see how our daily additions can help you!