Use our LinkedIn Login to download this post to PDF or save it to MyLibrary!
Your Future Is Already At Hand
What if I said that you could predict the future?
No, not by using time travel or a psychic, (as I’m sure the lottery numbers might be more on your mind), but by using insights in your HR data, to predict behaviour, trends and relationships in order to stay one step ahead of the competition.
So with this in mind, why do so many organisations overlook using insight in their recruitment process?
For vendor insights, we provide The HRIS World Content Series: Next Gen Vendor™ to promote their companies, products, services, and visions -- the Next Gen Vendor™ insights consists of 3 series...
- The HRIS World Vendor Spotlight™ focuses on the different aspects of the SMB / SME vendor, their services and software
- The HRIS World Vendor Interview Series™ focuses on the SMB and Enterprise vendor’s decision makers alike, their thoughts for the future of work as well as their own company, and what they see as the challenges coming up in the industry
- The HRIS World Enterprise Software Options™ focuses on the different aspects of the Enterprise vendor, their services and software
All 3 series can be found through the second menu at the top of any page under The HRIS World Content Series™
The Vendor Interview Series is provided in email, podcast and video interview format while the other two series are provided in a mix of the three to supplement the content.
You will find various aspects of a vendors business as well as any announcement of webinars, group demos, and conferences a vendor may be conducting.
If you are a vendor wanting to contribute to either series via a post or interview, feel free to click the blue contact us button on the lower right of your screen to let us know how we can assist -- or if you are reading this by our newsletter, then hit the reply button to get back to us!
post starts below
You Already Have What You Need to Get Started
Research has shown that 86% of companies reported no analytics capabilities in HR, a statistic which to me is absolutely baffling.
You may wonder, “How can I then start using insights to gain an advantage over this 86%?“
You’re probably expecting me to say “know your data” and yes that is a key part to the process, but jumping straight into the data is like answering a question before it’s been asked — not to mention hoping your answer overlaps the question.
You’ll be going in blind and although you may still find interesting data that will make you think “wow I never knew that”, it’s unlikely anything of real substance is likely to come from it.
Step 1 – Correctly identify the problem
The first step has to be finding a problem you want solving.
Think about the questions you seem to always be asking yourself…
post continues after these offers
Want to inspire others? So do we!
Help us inspire our audience as well as expand your audience
so they may inspire others as well!
Your sponsorship will bring podcasts, videos, and interviews
that will motivate both our audiences into action!
Just click the image below to discover more!
post continues from above
Do you have a low employee retention rate?
Maybe you want to improve your quality of hire? Or
Are you having trouble knowing where you should be recruiting?
Once you have your question the real power of using analytics can begin.
Step 2 – Build Familiarity
The next step is getting to know your data, search through and find stats that directly affect the question you want answering.
A good starting point is to look at your top, medium and under-performing staff…
Analyse what trends are associated with each segment.
Look into data such as how many jobs have they had?
How many promotions have they received?
And what source they were recruited from?
When collating the data, you will be able to see what makes the most successful employees at your company and the trends that lead employees to be less successful or likely to leave.
Step 3 – Take Action
Once you have these answers, use them.
Start implementing your newly found knowledge to save time and resources in your current recruitment process.
Top performers seem to come from a certain type of advertising?
Then place your resources there!
Employee referrals tend to stay at the company longer?
Place more emphasis on this!
Once you have the data it’s down to you to implement!
But why should we use it?
So why should you start thinking about implementing predictive insights?
Research shows that 67% of companies rated themselves as weak at using HR data to predict workforce performance and improvement.
Now compare this stat to the 8% that rated themselves as strong.
I know ‘the grass isn’t always greener on the other side’, but what side of the fence would you want to be on?
The side using predictive insights to help reduce costs, improve quality of hire and retention, or the side not progressing and still making the same mistakes.
There is a huge competitive advantage to be gained.
How to Get Started
If you want to learn more around insights and the other elements that we believe are key in creating a winning recruitment process, don’t hesitate to register for our “Key Topic” webinar on 9th June 2016.
Register for our key issue webinar by clicking on this image…
Discover More Content About Lumesse
Discover More From Our Vendor Spotlight Series
More Content In This Series…
- MOVE Guides Shortlisted as Finalist for 2017 SaaS Awards
- MOVE Guides CEO Brynne Kennedy Named a 2017 Workforce Magazine Game Changer
- Now Automate Your Billable Time or Payable Hours via Passive Timekeeping
- Giving Small Business a Competitive Advantage with the Cloud
- An Update On Our Launched Programs and Projects
- How to Improve Project Management by Using Time & Attendance Software
- Seeking Cloud-Based Project Management Tools?
- Does Managing Your Talent Have to be Strenuous?
- Top 5 Absence Management Systems For Small Businesses
- Time Tracking Software For Freelancers and SMBs
- What They Don’t Tell You Before Obtaining A New HRIS System
- How a Small Business Can Benefit from the Cloud
- Selecting a Global HR System: Essentials Check-List for SMB’s
- Mitigating and Overcoming Common Hazards of Building an Efficient Recruitment Process
- What is HR data really all about — metrics? Or INSIGHTS?
- How To Improve the Journey for your Candidates and Hiring Managers
- Top 10 Cloud Apps for Your Small Business
- Online Service for Booking SAP Consultants
- With Cloud Computing, What Do You Need to Know About IaaS?
- How Do You Determine Good Reporting Metrics When Using SharePoint?
- Top 5 Business Payroll Software Programs
- Do You Know What to Look for in Good HR Software?
- VidCruiter Continues to Innovate
- More Cloud-Based Services You May Be Using
- Exploiting Innovative Technologies in BI and Big Data Analytics
- From SMB to Enterprise: Top 5 Major European Payroll Software Vendors
- MOVE Guides for Your Talent Mobility
- talentia: Consolidated Technology Aligns Financial Data With HR Activity
- Top 5 Open Source Software for Human Resource Management
- metaphor.com: Boosting Empowerment – Can Empowering Employees Really Affect Change?
- Open Source HR Software? or Closed Source? Which Shall It Be?
- 4 HR Management Systems For Your Small Business (think Cloud)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Cloud Applicant Tracking Systems
- GigPlug – A New Channel for Talent Acquisition
- How to Make Preparing Your Resume Painless
- Renishaw and Talentia HR Software
- How Basecamp Impacts Project Management Execution
- Basecamp Will Definitely Change the Way You Do Project Management
- How to Reclaim Unsynced Files in Microsoft OneNote
- 5 Reasons Why Users Deem Linux as the Best OS
- Establishing Efficient Workflows Using SharePoint? Yes! Here’s How…
- Here’s a Thought: How About Using SharePoint to Actually… Share?
- Creating Value in Managing Documents By Using SharePoint
- Have You Thought About What to Look for In a SharePoint Consultant?
Our Social Media Presence
Where to Follow Us!
Garrett is the publisher, editor, writer forThe HRIS World Research Group, which includes The HRIS World, The HRIS World Research, The HRIS World Jobs, The HRIS World News, The HRIS World NewsMagazines, and The HRIS World Videos
With more than 20 years in roles as a client executive sponsor (#thwCES), project manager as well as functional/technical lead, Garrett is sought for his expertise for project insights, thought leadership, and team management globally.
He has been involved in large-scale and complex implementations since 1991 and has recently moved his operations to be with his wife in Brazil.
Garrett has had the pleasure of working with some of the greatest talents in the industry, and constantly shares his experiences and knowledge through content and webinars.
He maintains his fluency in Portuguese, German, French, and English with his various endeavors and contacts..
When not working, you will have to be adventurous to stay up with him as Garrett loves motorcycling, gunnery, boating, sailing, flying, and sports fishing -- and accompanying his wife on her various likes
About The HRIS World Research Group
The HRIS World blog, which is read by more than 50,000 from more than 160 countries monthly, manages to have more than 550,000 pages viewed monthly. 40%+ of the audience are decision-makers in their organization (and about half of that being C-levels!).
As CEO for CGServices USA Inc, he focuses on multi-provider, multi-line implementations consultation for HRIS systems
Council and Education Member of Gerson Lehrman Group Council, helping institutions of the world leaders meet, engage and manage experts across a wide range of sectors and disciplines.
Your Invite to Inspire Others
If you'd like to provide a post, a series of posts, or become a regular contributor to The HRIS World, click the blue contact us button on the bottom right of your screen to send us a message or reach us through our social media for details...
You can always contact Garrett via email, social media, or by leaving a comment below...
Latest posts by Garrett O'Brien (see all)
- MOVE Guides Shortlisted as Finalist for 2017 SaaS Awards - Thu, 3-Aug-2017
- The King of ROI is Beyond Knowledge and Great Skill Sets - Mon, 24-Jul-2017
- MOVE Guides CEO Brynne Kennedy Named a 2017 Workforce Magazine Game Changer - Fri, 21-Jul-2017
- When Trust In Leadership Is Consistently Breaking, Get a New Tea Cup - Wed, 19-Jul-2017
- Now Automate Your Billable Time or Payable Hours via Passive Timekeeping - Wed, 12-Jul-2017