Use our LinkedIn Login to download this post to PDF or save it to MyLibrary!
Still looking for that dream job?
You’ve used Pinterest to make plans for your dream home, your dream wedding, and your dream car.
So why not use it to make your dream job a reality?
Put your pinning skills to work and use Pinterest to help you find your dream job.
Over 11 million people and companies use Pinterest every day, so connecting to employers and businesses is easier than you think.
Create Your Resume
Turn your Pinterest board into a creative and dynamic resume.
While the competition uses those same old boring Word-based resumes, you can be a standout with a visually stunning and creative pictorial map of your career experience.
A picture is worth a thousand words, right?
Start by pinning photos of the places you went to school or where you worked or interned.
Write small captions under each photo to add more information about yourself.
Add in photos and descriptions of your hobbies, interests, honors, and special skills.
Before you know it, you will have an entire board dedicated to your dream job search.
Don’t forget to highlight your strengths and talk about yourself.
What makes you a perfect fit for your dream job?
Show your future employers why they need you on their team.
Create a Portfolio
Nothing can highlight your experience better than a portfolio.
Don’t just “tell” people what you did, “show” them.
Show the world what you are capable of with a pictorial portfolio on your Pinterest board.
These are especially great for professionals in an art or design field, but written documents can also be scanned to create a visually stunning portfolio that is readily available on your Pinterest page.
Find Pinterest boards for your dream employers and connect with them.
Leave comments on their pages and invite them to see your board.
You can also pin photos from their sites to share on your board or try to start a conversation.
Perhaps you are starting a business.
No problem – just find other professionals in your area of expertise and connect with them.
Use your resume and professional portfolio to show them why you are a standout in your field.
Start conversations and spread the word that you are ready for business.
Link your Pinterest account to your other social network accounts so you can begin building a network of professionals and employers in your field of interest.
Make them take notice of you.
Keep it Professional
Now that you are using your social networking sites like Pinterest to connect to employers and other professionals, keep your posts and pictures professional.
post continues after these free offers
Today's Featured Free Offer
You're Doing it Wrong
Change Management for Your Organization
I am a recovering change management consultant. Over the last 20 years or so, I’ve focused my career primarily in the people change management space. My job was to help companies realize the ROI of their multi-million dollar investments – whether they be investments in organizational redesign, new systems or large scale business transformations – by mitigating resistance, creating buy-in and driving adoption. The way to do that was to get the people on-board with what was happening. If they stopped resisting what was inevitable and just adopted the change, then all would be right in the “corporate” world. And I use the term “corporate” as a catch-all. These challenges and my project work spanned industries and organizations, from non-profit and government to privately owned and publicly traded enterprises.
The challenge is and always will be people. People will make or break the success of any change a company wants to make. So my job was part data analysis, part coaching, part writing, part training and part shrink. Get into the heads of the people to figure out what they wanted and find a way to make this change something they want. Or better yet – need. Call it marketing. Call it change management. Call it what you want. No matter how you slice and dice it, or whatever you call it, I was doing it wrong. And so are you.
If we apply the “Ask, Listen and Do” mindset to this problem, we as change management professionals can increase our effectiveness while enabling organizations to actually realize the ROI of their big dollar investments.
Let’s look at 2 different change management models to see the difference and similarities: Lewin's Change Management Model and Prosci's ADKAR Model and 3-Phase Process.
Offered Free by: POPin
post continues from above
Maybe you found a funny photo of a cat with a bad hair day?
Resist the urge to post it to your site.
You don’t want to turn away potential jobs with random photos or unrelated comments.
Make your Pinterest resume site your professional page and keep it totally clean.
Leave the random photos or comments to your personal site.
Make it Secure
Afraid to show the world your personal information on your resume?
No problem – just be sure to adjust your security settings so only your contacts can see your Pinterest resume and portfolio.
Security settings can change occasionally, so make sure you check the Pinterest site for updates or security changes.
Keep it Fresh
Don’t forget to update often.
It shows people you are passionate about your job search or your new business.
You will attract more people if you update information and connect to other professionals at least a few times each week.
Nothing is worse than a stale Pinterest site — keep it fresh and fun!
Discover More About Career Management
- Is Using Social Media While Working Cheating My Employer?
- Managing Work-Life Integration
- Millennial Performance Reviews: Thoughts from a Millennial
- How Looking Professional Could Land You the Pitch
- What Should a Good Relocation Policy Have for Your Move?
- Your 4-Point Guide to Successfully Managing Millennials
- Managing Your Career in Uncertain Economic Times
- 7 Job Interview Tips You Definitely Shouldn’t Ignore
- 10 Great Ways To Improve Your Career NOW
- Does Your Workplace Really Support Women?
- Does Your Company Have Unresolved Policies Concerning Digital Usage During Work?
- Why Business Ethics Doesn’t Work and Never Will
- The Price We Are Paying for NOT Unplugging From Work
- 8 Mistakes to Avoid When Considering a Career Change
- Staffing Your IT Department for Success
- 4 Things To Verify Before Working for That New Employer
- Any Clue How to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile Search Results?
- What We Are Unwilling to Change? And Why?
- Making Money: What it Takes to Become a Successful Entrepreneur
- How Can Your Online Reputation Negatively Affect Your Company?
- Is An Open Door Policy Best For Your Team?
- How to Use Pinterest to Find Your Dream Job
- REPOST: A Formal Education Equals A Good Manager?
- How Your Knowledge Of English Can Influence Your Career Prospects
- Are Job Boards A Good Recruitment Tool?
- What’s In An Internship?
- 6 Shortcuts for Retaining Your Employees in Record Time
- How to Implement Social Media to Your Business
- Do You Know How to Identify Your Future Business Leaders?
- Knowing When It’s Time to Fire an Employee
- Technology or Not, Why Everyone is Your Customer
- The Resume is Dead
- Can Your HR Department Benefit From Online Training?
- There’s a Need for Businesses and Educators to Collaborate
- Passion: Do What You Like, Like What You Do
- ESL: E-Learning A Second Language Vital To Business Bottomline
- 5 Marketing Tips to Market You!
- Know What NOT to Do When Conducting Performance Reviews?
- What You Should Do After Your Interview
- LinkedIn Announces Changes to Group Features
- MOVE Guides for Your Talent Mobility
- Your Resume and Identity Theft — How to Protect Yourself
- Business Management 101: Do You Have the Basics Down?
- Organizations Don’t Tweet, People Do – Euan Semple
- Speaker Interview Series: Euan Semple
- LinkedIn Group Changes… Disrupting? Or Destroying?
- Classroom Etiquette You Shouldn’t Take to the Workplace
- Are You The Shining New HR Star?
- Time for Innovation for Our Education System
- Why Are Teachers Finding Technology a Challenge
- Education is Important, Yet There’s Still Something More Valuable…
- Lifestyle: Conferenced Out? Get a Grip – Seriously…
- What Makes a Great Conference?
- 5 Most Common Mobile Recruiting Mistakes
- Using Online Training to Improve Employee Skills and Morale
- You Have a University Education — Isn’t That Enough?
- How to Make Preparing Your Resume Painless
- 2 Things You Can Do to Build Your Network Effectively NOW
- Where to Focus When Considering To Properly Link In on LinkedIn
- Job Hunting Not Going Well? Perhaps Something Is Showing…
- Finding that Right ONE! – the GAVE way
- Whither CSR?
- Ladies! Do You Worry About What People Think of You?
- 5 Pointers for Businesspeople Who Despise Public Speaking
- The Argument Against Mind Mapping
- 3 Facebook Posting Methods That Could Hurt Your Reputation
- 7 Ways to Approach Employee Conflict Resolution
- The Tripod of a Happy and Healthy Existence: Life, Love, Work
- Get Active and Start Promoting Employee Wellness
- Giving Back: How to Involve Your Company in a Community
- 6 Ways to Save Money on Business Travel
- 4 (Free) eBooks on How to Find a Job
- What Would You Do If You Had A Box of Crayons?
- Never Graduated? Getting Your Degree Can Help Your Business
- Media Convergence…
- HR Performs a Fit-Gap Analysis – On Itself…
- Using Your Circles of Influence to Change Your Future
- Creating an Empowering Workspace: The Impact of Environment on Employee Productivity
- Coping with Redundancy: Using Disappointment as a Springboard to Future Career Success
- First Day at Work: How to Fit into Your Office Environment
- Using Social Media to Improve Your Brand’s Reputation
- 10 Lessons You Can Learn from Successful Entrepreneurs
- 66 Million Untapped Resources Is a Workforce Reduction and a Skills Gap Problem
- Experts Weigh In: 5 Ways To Maximize HR Workflow
- Developing An Effective Way to Access Bright Career Prospects
- How Home Office Options Are Shifting Incentives
- Why Multi-Tasking and Being Plugged-In All the Time Isn’t
- Have You Adopted Your Job Search to the New Ways of Recruiting?
- Using Military Leadership Skills to Improve Business
- 5 Great Ways to Really Impress an Interviewer
- If You’re Thinking About Changing Careers…
- Own Your Own Success: The Value of a MBA for Women
- Are You Linking in Properly on LinkedIn? Are you sure?
- What Suggestions Do You Have for a Best Practice Guide to Recruitment?
- Breaking The Myths of Networking
- How to Get Some ATTENTION to your Discussion on LinkedIn…
- Webinar : Just How Much Will the Cloud Impact Your Business?
- Entering the Workforce? What You Need to Know About Interviews
- Everything You Need to Know About SharePoint Training
- Declining IT Jobs: The How, Why, And What to Do About It
- HRCI Introduces HRBP and HRMP: Globally Relevant
- Threatened: IT Jobs in the Wild
- Why Not Consider an Advanced Degree in HR Management?
- What Are the 10 Best HR Consulting Firms in Australia?
- Career Opportunities After Completing Your ERP Course
- Twitter Do’s, Don’ts When Promoting… Anything
- Infograph: How Safe is Your Job? Think Again…
- 5 Reasons Education is Failing in the United States
- Speaking Confidently for Presentations
- Why You Should Be Using Social Media for Recruiting
Our Social Media Presence
Where to Follow Us!
Kim Wade is a freelance writer with a MFA in Writing from Savannah College of Art and Design. Her background includes public relations and writing for social media and new media. You can reach Kim by leaving a comment below, via email or through the social media...
Latest posts by Kim Wade (see all)
- How to Use Pinterest to Find Your Dream Job - Sun, 27-Mar-2016
- Business Management 101: Do You Have the Basics Down? - Thu, 7-Jan-2016