To consolidate bookmarks for internet users with multiple browsers can be accomplished with various 3rd-party applications. If you are like most PC internet users, you have Internet Explorer (IE) and most likely a favored browser as well. Or if you are an Apple user, you have Safari, and maybe a favored browser as well.
With multiple browsers comes multiple sets of bookmarks — and never are the two the same. Usually ending up in some very messy and hard to use library of bookmarks. We are going to focus on one application that not only consolidates them for you, but your bookmarks will be available on any browser you use.
Centralizes and Consolidates
First the consolidation — no matter what browser you use, you can keep them centralized and consolidated with your favorite browser. The entire hierarchy structure will be imported to this application to a folder labeled for the bookmark’s browser.
No limit to the number of browsers, no limit to the number of bookmarks — they will all be imported as they are to this application.
The limitation most applications have with consolidating and centralizing your book marks? It’s on your machine — whether an Apple, PC, or laptop. In other words, if you can’t keep your machine with you then going to another machine is basically inconvenient.
With this application, you will have access to all your bookmarks — and your log-in credentials — wherever you access the internet… including your smartphone!
What About Your Contacts?
If you are like most road warriors, salesmen, or frequent travelers, you have a contact management system — and still have to feed other machines to keep them in-sync, whether electronically or other wise. With this application, any machine with internet access, and you have your contacts available as well. Nothing else to set up, nothing else to sync, just this one application.
What is this application?
A while ago, we discussed why you need to be aware of keystroke logging — a technique used by unfriendly hackers where your keystrokes are unknowingly being recorded by one or more various means. RoboForm not only provides protection against keystroke logging by maintaining your log-in credentials in a secured environment, it will also do the same for your bookmarks from all your browsers as well as all your contacts.
Everything is available right from the toolbar — and RoboForm can be used on any browser with their RoboForm Everywhere. Always one click away, with RoboForm Everywhere, you can easily and securely access your RoboForm Logins, Bookmarks, Contacts, and much more from anywhere in the world.
Here’s a quick promo for RoboForm…
And another quick promo providing more details about RoboForm Everywhere…
To check out more features, just click the logo — and let us know what you think about RoboForm!
Short URL for This Content
Author Bio and Latest Posts
Garrett is the Chairman of the Executive and Advisory Boards for
The HRIS World Research Network
With 20+ years in roles as a client executive sponsor, project manager as well as functional / technical lead, Garrett is sought for his expertise globally.
He has been involved in large-scale and complex implementations since 1991 and has recently moved his operations to be with his wife in Brazil.
Garrett has had the pleasure of working with some of the greatest talents in the industry, and constantly shares his experiences and knowledge through content and webinars.
He has managed somehow to be fluent in Portuguese, German, French and English along the way.
When not working, you will have to be adventurous to stay up with him as Garrett loves motorcycling, gunnery, boating, sailing, flying, and sports fishing.
Garrett’s current roles…
- Publisher, editor, writer, and owner of 6 leading HRIS system and career blogs which are read by 50,000+ monthly visitors monthly in 90+ countries, 40%+ the audience being decision-makers in their organization (and about half of that being C-levels!).
- Serves on the HR.com Advisory Board for the CoreHR, HRIS and Payroll Community
- Is the CEO for CGServices USA, focusing on multi-provider, multi-line implementations for HRIS systems
- Is a Council and Education Member of Gerson Lehrman Group Council, helping institutions of the world leaders meet, engage and manage experts across a wide range of sectors and disciplines.
In the news...
HR and the Cloud
Isabella Chan of HR Matters talks to Garrett O’Brien about the growth of cloud computing and building a technology strategy around HR.
Your Invite to Contribute
If you'd like to provide a post, a series of posts, or even be a regular contributor to any of The HRIS World blogs, you can use our contact page or reach us through our social media for details...
Latest posts by Garrett O'Brien (see all)
- FREE NewToHR Webinar Wed 8-Aug: Emotional Intelligence and Its Impact On Business Performance - Wed, 24-Jun-2015
- Open Source HR Software? or Closed Source? Which Shall It Be? - Wed, 24-Jun-2015
- LAST CALL for The 18th Annual HR Systems Survey! - Wed, 24-Jun-2015
- Josh Bersin Speaks of “Glocalization” for HR: Fad or Direction? - Thu, 18-Jun-2015
- Monday Is An Important Day for This Survey — For You! - Tue, 9-Jun-2015