Use our LinkedIn Login to download this post to PDF or save it to MyLibrary!
For vendor insights, we provide The HRIS World Content Series: Next Gen Vendor™ to promote their companies, products, services, and visions -- the Next Gen Vendor™ insights consists of 3 series...
- The HRIS World Vendor Spotlight™ focuses on the different aspects of the SMB / SME vendor, their services and software
- The HRIS World Vendor Interview Series™ focuses on the SMB and Enterprise vendor’s decision makers alike, their thoughts for the future of work as well as their own company, and what they see as the challenges coming up in the industry
- The HRIS World Enterprise Software Options™ focuses on the different aspects of the Enterprise vendor, their services and software
All 3 series can be found through the second menu at the top of any page under The HRIS World Content Series™
The Vendor Interview Series is provided in email, podcast and video interview format while the other two series are provided in a mix of the three to supplement the content.
You will find various aspects of a vendors business as well as any announcement of webinars, group demos, and conferences a vendor may be conducting.
If you are a vendor wanting to contribute to either series via a post or interview, feel free to click the blue contact us button on the lower right of your screen to let us know how we can assist -- or if you are reading this by our newsletter, then hit the reply button to get back to us!
post starts below
Just like an external website, IT administrators for a SharePoint site can view reporting metrics for an intranet or external website.
Metrics provide the administrator with usage, unique visitors and referrers to the website.
These metrics help administrators determine deprecated and outdated pages that can be removed, areas of the site which can be improved and user link navigation habits.
Aside from the obvious “page view” statistics, reporting metrics also help software developers improve provide users with better website experiences.
Obtaining Metrics for a SharePoint Server
At the top of the main SharePoint administration screen, click the “Reports” button to view the main dashboard.
SharePoint gives the administrator an overview graphical pie chart of page views, referrers and other user metrics.
For users familiar with other reporting services such as Google Analytics, the interface is intuitive.
The overview gives the administrator the ability to drill down to more granular metrics.
These metrics are the meat of the statistics, and these reports will help SharePoint administrators and developers tweak pages for a better user experience.
User experience is key to a successful site because it keeps users coming back to the website, and it facilitates “word-of-mouth” backlinks, which are paramount to the highest ranking in a search engine.
post continues after these offers
Want to inspire others? So do we!
Help us inspire our audience as well as expand your audience
so they may inspire others as well!
Your sponsorship will bring podcasts, videos, and interviews
that will motivate both our audiences into action!
Just click the image below to discover more!
post continues from above
Examples: Bounce rate, Referrers
For instance, the page view and bounce rates are indicators of user interaction with the SharePoint website. Bounce rate is a good indicator of engagement for new users.
When users do not find pages easy-to-use or interesting, they “bounce” from the page.
A “bounce” is an unsuccessful sale or “draw” on the user.
A high bounce rate is especially important because developers and site administrators must figure out what is causing users to leave the site without engaging the content and navigating to another page.
Typically, a 30% or less bounce rate is very good.
Poor bounce rates can reach up to 90%, which signals users are not engaging in the content or page navigation, requiring further investigation.
Referrers and queries are other integral metrics to watch.
Referrers are the websites and external locations from which users find the SharePoint site.
For instance, if one user emails another user about the site, the email location is logged, and the SharePoint statistics show it as a referrer.
Other websites that include a link to the SharePoint site in the content also show up as referrers.
Referrers do not mean organic traffic or search engine rank is high, but it does mean that other websites have taken notice of the company’s SharePoint site.
Other minor reports include browsers, storage usage and failed query results.
These can be used to monitor user behavior and as a way to report any errors on the site.
For instance, if a failed query result occurs from a user using the Chrome browser, then it might indicate an incompatibility with the Chrome browser.
Reports can be sent to main administrators and managers to facilitate monitoring of these errors, so they can be handled — and fixed.
What Are Your Thoughts??
✔ As this is only one is a series of articles on SharePoint that Jennifer Marsh has provided, what questions do you have about SharePoint?
✔ Perhaps you have something that needs to be resolved?
✔ Or perhaps you have something that has been a thought for a while but haven’t gotten around to asking (until now)?
✔ Let us help you, how can we help??
Please share your thoughts with our audience in the comments section below!
Discover More From Our Vendor Spotlight Series
More Content In This Series…
- MOVE Guides Shortlisted as Finalist for 2017 SaaS Awards
- MOVE Guides CEO Brynne Kennedy Named a 2017 Workforce Magazine Game Changer
- Now Automate Your Billable Time or Payable Hours via Passive Timekeeping
- Giving Small Business a Competitive Advantage with the Cloud
- An Update On Our Launched Programs and Projects
- How to Improve Project Management by Using Time & Attendance Software
- Seeking Cloud-Based Project Management Tools?
- Does Managing Your Talent Have to be Strenuous?
- Top 5 Absence Management Systems For Small Businesses
- Time Tracking Software For Freelancers and SMBs
- What They Don’t Tell You Before Obtaining A New HRIS System
- How a Small Business Can Benefit from the Cloud
- Selecting a Global HR System: Essentials Check-List for SMB’s
- Mitigating and Overcoming Common Hazards of Building an Efficient Recruitment Process
- What is HR data really all about — metrics? Or INSIGHTS?
- How To Improve the Journey for your Candidates and Hiring Managers
- Top 10 Cloud Apps for Your Small Business
- Online Service for Booking SAP Consultants
- With Cloud Computing, What Do You Need to Know About IaaS?
- How Do You Determine Good Reporting Metrics When Using SharePoint?
- Top 5 Business Payroll Software Programs
- Do You Know What to Look for in Good HR Software?
- VidCruiter Continues to Innovate
- More Cloud-Based Services You May Be Using
- Exploiting Innovative Technologies in BI and Big Data Analytics
- From SMB to Enterprise: Top 5 Major European Payroll Software Vendors
- MOVE Guides for Your Talent Mobility
- talentia: Consolidated Technology Aligns Financial Data With HR Activity
- Top 5 Open Source Software for Human Resource Management
- metaphor.com: Boosting Empowerment – Can Empowering Employees Really Affect Change?
- Open Source HR Software? or Closed Source? Which Shall It Be?
- 4 HR Management Systems For Your Small Business (think Cloud)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Cloud Applicant Tracking Systems
- GigPlug – A New Channel for Talent Acquisition
- How to Make Preparing Your Resume Painless
- Renishaw and Talentia HR Software
- How Basecamp Impacts Project Management Execution
- Basecamp Will Definitely Change the Way You Do Project Management
- How to Reclaim Unsynced Files in Microsoft OneNote
- 5 Reasons Why Users Deem Linux as the Best OS
- Establishing Efficient Workflows Using SharePoint? Yes! Here’s How…
- Here’s a Thought: How About Using SharePoint to Actually… Share?
- Creating Value in Managing Documents By Using SharePoint
- Have You Thought About What to Look for In a SharePoint Consultant?
Our Social Media Presence
Where to Follow Us!
Latest posts by Jennifer Marsh (see all)
- How Do You Determine Good Reporting Metrics When Using SharePoint? - Tue, 29-Mar-2016
- Establishing Efficient Workflows Using SharePoint? Yes! Here’s How… - Thu, 14-Mar-2013
- Here’s a Thought: How About Using SharePoint to Actually… Share? - Thu, 7-Mar-2013
- Creating Value in Managing Documents By Using SharePoint - Thu, 28-Feb-2013
- Have You Thought About What to Look for In a SharePoint Consultant? - Thu, 21-Feb-2013