Use our LinkedIn Login to download this post to PDF or save it to MyLibrary!
For vendor insights, we provide The HRIS World Content Series: Next Gen Vendor™ to promote their companies, products, services, and visions -- the Next Gen Vendor™ insights consists of 3 series...
- The HRIS World Vendor Spotlight™ focuses on the different aspects of the SMB / SME vendor, their services and software
- The HRIS World Vendor Interview Series™ focuses on the SMB and Enterprise vendor’s decision makers alike, their thoughts for the future of work as well as their own company, and what they see as the challenges coming up in the industry
- The HRIS World Enterprise Software Options™ focuses on the different aspects of the Enterprise vendor, their services and software
All 3 series can be found through the second menu at the top of any page under The HRIS World Content Series™
The Vendor Interview Series is provided in email, podcast and video interview format while the other two series are provided in a mix of the three to supplement the content.
You will find various aspects of a vendors business as well as any announcement of webinars, group demos, and conferences a vendor may be conducting.
If you are a vendor wanting to contribute to either series via a post or interview, feel free to click the blue contact us button on the lower right of your screen to let us know how we can assist -- or if you are reading this by our newsletter, then hit the reply button to get back to us!
post starts below
Time Tracking Software For Freelancers and SMBs
Please note some of this software is free, others do have a minimal cost.
The internet has made it possible for any freelancer to work from his/her own home and make money.
They seek employment over the internet through freelancing.
They become virtual employees of an employer who’s perhaps halfway across the world.
Many are catching up to the idea, and a lot of web designers and web developers are taking advantage of this great opportunity to get work.
One of the key tools required for a virtual freelancer is a time tracking software.
The requirement is to fulfill the need of keeping track of the time of the work you do for your clients.
When freelancing, it is both a matter of the effort you put in, as well as the amount of business hours you spend working for clients and then billing them for it.
Since most freelancers don’t make much money, they rely on free time tracking software, software that will keep definite track of the time of their efforts put in and perhaps even more.
post continues after these offers
Want to inspire others? So do we!
Help us inspire our audience as well as expand your audience
so they may inspire others as well!
Your sponsorship will bring podcasts, videos, and interviews
that will motivate both our audiences into action!
Just click the image below to discover more!
post continues from above
Some software even helps you manage time better.
Here are my 3 recommendations…
Apptivo is a web-based software that is targeted as business assistance software for small businessmen and freelancers.
Based in California, Apptivo has development teams in India. They provide both free and paid services for users.
The app features support all functions of a business for proper time tracking. It also includes several project management functions, Customer Relation management and Marketing Management.
Although the time tracking app is for free, to take advantage of all 40+ apps, you will be required to subscribe to a package. As part of this paid subscription you also get 24 hours support and maintenance.
dotProject is a free web based software available in multiple languages.
Developed and maintained by volunteer programmers, dotProject is a multi-user software. The application is available completely for free and is an excellent Project Management Application.
Operating now for nearly a decade, and originally developed by Dotmarketing Inc., dotProject was targeted to be a replacement for Microsoft Project, save it included a project management function.
Paymo is another time tracking and billing app offered on the internet.
One of the distinctive advantages of using Paymo is that it has the function of storing start and end times of projects and is integratable with your smart phones (mainly iphones).
You can download tools of the software to keep track of your time when you are working offline. It has an online account you can sign in to that allows you to keep track of time online as well.
Paymo also includes apps that maintain your client list and allows you to use easy reporting functions.
Do You Have Other Suggestions?
Please leave a comment below and we’ll look into them!
About Our Guest Blogger
Christine Jones, writer, is an established virtual professional who has experienced being a virtual employee and employer.
If you have something to share with our audience, click the blue Contact Us button at the lower right of the page to discover how YOU can share your thoughts with our community.
Discover More About Our Vendor Spotlight Series
More Content In This Series…
- MOVE Guides Shortlisted as Finalist for 2017 SaaS Awards
- MOVE Guides CEO Brynne Kennedy Named a 2017 Workforce Magazine Game Changer
- Now Automate Your Billable Time or Payable Hours via Passive Timekeeping
- Giving Small Business a Competitive Advantage with the Cloud
- An Update On Our Launched Programs and Projects
- How to Improve Project Management by Using Time & Attendance Software
- Seeking Cloud-Based Project Management Tools?
- Does Managing Your Talent Have to be Strenuous?
- Top 5 Absence Management Systems For Small Businesses
- Time Tracking Software For Freelancers and SMBs
- What They Don’t Tell You Before Obtaining A New HRIS System
- How a Small Business Can Benefit from the Cloud
- Selecting a Global HR System: Essentials Check-List for SMB’s
- Mitigating and Overcoming Common Hazards of Building an Efficient Recruitment Process
- What is HR data really all about — metrics? Or INSIGHTS?
- How To Improve the Journey for your Candidates and Hiring Managers
- Top 10 Cloud Apps for Your Small Business
- Online Service for Booking SAP Consultants
- With Cloud Computing, What Do You Need to Know About IaaS?
- How Do You Determine Good Reporting Metrics When Using SharePoint?
- Top 5 Business Payroll Software Programs
- Do You Know What to Look for in Good HR Software?
- VidCruiter Continues to Innovate
- More Cloud-Based Services You May Be Using
- Exploiting Innovative Technologies in BI and Big Data Analytics
- From SMB to Enterprise: Top 5 Major European Payroll Software Vendors
- MOVE Guides for Your Talent Mobility
- talentia: Consolidated Technology Aligns Financial Data With HR Activity
- Top 5 Open Source Software for Human Resource Management
- metaphor.com: Boosting Empowerment – Can Empowering Employees Really Affect Change?
- Open Source HR Software? or Closed Source? Which Shall It Be?
- 4 HR Management Systems For Your Small Business (think Cloud)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Cloud Applicant Tracking Systems
- GigPlug – A New Channel for Talent Acquisition
- How to Make Preparing Your Resume Painless
- Renishaw and Talentia HR Software
- How Basecamp Impacts Project Management Execution
- Basecamp Will Definitely Change the Way You Do Project Management
- How to Reclaim Unsynced Files in Microsoft OneNote
- 5 Reasons Why Users Deem Linux as the Best OS
- Establishing Efficient Workflows Using SharePoint? Yes! Here’s How…
- Here’s a Thought: How About Using SharePoint to Actually… Share?
- Creating Value in Managing Documents By Using SharePoint
- Have You Thought About What to Look for In a SharePoint Consultant?
Our Social Media Presence
Where to Follow Us!
Contributors from Our Audience are professionals in the area of expertise and the bio was used in a different platform - with WordPress, each author now has their own dedicated profile.
The author's post(s) are entirely his or her own and may not always reflect the views of The HRIS World publications.
You can always reach any of our authors by leaving a comment or using anyone one of the social links provided in their bio - feel free to contact them, they love the feedback and recognition!
If you'd like to contribute an article for The HRIS World, contact us through our social media or our contact page for details about how you can share your tips with our audience...
Latest posts by Our Audience (see all)
- What Are The Security Issues Surrounding Cloud Technology? - Mon, 10-Jul-2017
- What Are the 10 Best HR Consulting Firms in Australia? - Sat, 8-Jul-2017
- 3 Tips for Assessing the Value of Degrees - Thu, 29-Jun-2017
- Before Switching To Cloud Computing - Wed, 28-Jun-2017
- Intel Core vPro Chip – How It Is a Security Lifeline - Tue, 27-Jun-2017