Use our LinkedIn Login to download this post to PDF or save it to MyLibrary!
For vendor insights, we provide The HRIS World Content Series: Next Gen Vendor™ to promote their companies, products, services, and visions -- the Next Gen Vendor™ insights consists of 3 series...
- The HRIS World Vendor Spotlight™ focuses on the different aspects of the SMB / SME vendor, their services and software
- The HRIS World Vendor Interview Series™ focuses on the SMB and Enterprise vendor’s decision makers alike, their thoughts for the future of work as well as their own company, and what they see as the challenges coming up in the industry
- The HRIS World Enterprise Software Options™ focuses on the different aspects of the Enterprise vendor, their services and software
All 3 series can be found through the second menu at the top of any page under The HRIS World Content Series™
The Vendor Interview Series is provided in email, podcast and video interview format while the other two series are provided in a mix of the three to supplement the content.
You will find various aspects of a vendors business as well as any announcement of webinars, group demos, and conferences a vendor may be conducting.
If you are a vendor wanting to contribute to either series via a post or interview, feel free to click the blue contact us button on the lower right of your screen to let us know how we can assist -- or if you are reading this by our newsletter, then hit the reply button to get back to us!
Talent has different meanings to different organizations – and whatever that meaning, does managing your talent have to be strenuous?
A hi-tech industry will refer to as talented to someone who understands the latest developments in technological world and brings about the changes to the organization accordingly.
However such a talented hi-tech expert will be invaluable to a fashion industry.
Therefore in my opinion the first step is to define the talent is…
- related to and needed by you, particularly for your kind of industry
- being sought by your competitors and should be hired by you
From the Get-Go
Mostly the human resource management cycle starts with Job Descriptions (JD).
The JD has to be created even if it’s a new job being introduced in the organization.
Besides the technical aspects of the job, personality traits cannot be let passed.
To get the most compliant job applicant you must look for:
- Technical expertise (Employee’s basic qualification)
- Soft skills (Make your employees adjust successfully in working environment and bring you more productivity)
Once you have identified the proficiency level in an applicant, do not overlook the need for the match between the applicant’s talent and the organization’s need that is critical to the benefits that can be gained from the hired personnel.
post continues after this free offer
A Thank You for visiting us!
Download this kit to learn everything you need to know about HR and Talent Management.
The Essentials of HR and Talent Management - May 2017 Kit
The Essentials of HR and Talent Management – May 2017 Kit brings together the latest information, coverage of important developments, and expert commentary to help with your HR and Talent Management related decisions.
The following kit contents will help you get the most out of your HR and Talent Management research:
- Kiss the HR Stone Age Goodbye
- Maximise Your Workforce Management ROI
- How to Think About the Cost of Employee Turnover
- Why Your Nonexistent Talent Management Strategy is Costing You Money
Offered free by:
post continues from above
Employees and Organization’s Objectives Should Be Brought Into Line
Once hired, the understanding of the organizations over all goals is essential.
The chances of deviation from goals or working for personal interests rather than the organization’s, can be mitigated at this early stage.
Mismanagement at this very point can create hassle later on as the chances are that the employee and management start working in conflicting directions and are dissatisfied with each other.
Consequently the overall organization’s goals will be compromised.
To help avoid this conflict…
- Your employees must know organization’s strategic objectives
- Have an idea how to achieve those objectives
- You must communicate with your employees effectively so that your employees know what you are expecting out of them
- Give them room to discuss their ambiguities
Give your employee proper guidance about the tasks and responsibilities to be performed.
It will help the newly employed to have a grasp on the areas where his/her talent is needed.
Refine Their Skills
Although the hired personnel are talented enough for your organization, yet there are ways by which their competencies can be made extra ordinary.
The better they get, the more satisfied is the employee as well as the management.
You have to work on few areas before making any training decisions for your employees’, i.e…
- Know your employee’s core competencies
- Assign them tasks accordingly to maximize their productivity
- Ripen their Professional as well as people’s skills by providing trainings and consultancies
Normally encouraging a positive output and guiding when the results are not satisfactory can be helpful however a better solution is the training and development programs by the organizations.
This will not only enhance the talent of the hired, but it will increase the output of the organization, overall.
Retain Your Employees
The fear of the turnover of such trained, talented, competent employees takes over the management.
During the course of the job, motivation remains a vital factor throughout. A highly motivated employee will give his/her best in performing the roles and responsibilities.
Similarly an unsatisfied employee will only become a burden, as the output will be lower and might even switch to the competitor.
The team spirit should be encouraged and employee should have space to openly discuss his/her mistakes and learn from them.
The ideas and the talent of the employee should not be ignored; in fact they should be given a say in the important matters…
- Develop intimacy with your employees
- Know their intrinsic as well as extrinsic values to reward them (Remember! Money is not always the source of motivation)
- Do not forget to recognize them formally and informally
- Give your employees space to openly discuss their mistakes and learn from them
Every employee is in some way or the other benefiting the organization.
The overall goal of the organizations is usually profitability through increasing revenues.
We cannot deny the huge impact of the performance of the employees on these revenues.
Only a formal annual review system can make you understand the talent you have around you.
Employers have to diligently examine each and every aspect of their employees.
You should encourage your employees openly on daily basis so that they know how much they are being esteemed by their organization.
Discover More About Talent Management
- Aspirations of a New Generation – the Millennials
- What Should a Good Relocation Policy Have for Your Move?
- Is Your HR Management Strategizing for Success?
- Staffing Your IT Department for Success
- How To Retain Your Best Employees for the Long Term
- Big Data for Predicting Job Performance: Big Dollar$? or Big Whup ?
- Big Data and HR: A love story
- REPOST: A Formal Education Equals A Good Manager?
- 6 Shortcuts for Retaining Your Employees in Record Time
- The Impact Of Mobile On Recruiting
- Pointers for Maintaining Current Talent
- Can Your HR Department Benefit From Online Training?
- The Importance of Public Relations in Business
- When Turnover Boosts the Bottom Line
- Avoiding Common End-User Training Mistakes
- What Role Can HR Play in a Turbulent Economy?
- MOVE Guides for Your Talent Mobility
- The Key Components of Solid End-User Training
- How to Be More Efficient (and Effective) with Your Daily Tasks
- Business Management 101: Do You Have the Basics Down?
- What Comes First — Your Company’s Strategy? Or Your Company’s Talent?
- Mercer and MOVE Guides collaborate to improve the employee global mobility experience
- 10 Traits of Transformational CEOs
- Can Basing the Ideal Appraisal Tool On Team Work Work?
- Why Are Teachers Finding Technology a Challenge
- The Evolution of HR Technology
- Innovation Needs More Human Stimulus, Not More Technology…
- Education is Important, Yet There’s Still Something More Valuable…
- The Strategic Roll Of Human Resources In Innovation
- The High Cost of Ignorance When Selecting Selection Tools (part 2)
- The High Cost of Ignorance When Selecting Selection Tools
- Transforming Talent Into Tomorrow’s Workforce
- Managing and Empowering Talent: The Importance of Training your Employees in 2013
- Media Convergence…
- Recognizing Internal Business Threats and Maintaining Good Employee Relationships
- Raise the Bar on Your Company’s Performance Management!
- The Changing Employee Philosophy: How Should Businesses Reward Their Staff?
- HRCI Introduces HRBP and HRMP: Globally Relevant
- Threatened: IT Jobs in the Wild
- How Technology Has Changed HR and the Hiring Process
Discover More From Our Vendor Spotlight Series
More Content In This Series…
- Call for Sponsors
- How to Improve Project Management by Using Time & Attendance Software
- Seeking Cloud-Based Project Management Tools?
- Does Managing Your Talent Have to be Strenuous?
- Top 5 Absence Management Systems For Small Businesses
- Our Top 25 Viewed Posts for 2016
- Introducing Our Features for Everyone
- Time Tracking Software For Freelancers and SMBs
- Lumesse to Reveal Next Generation Talent Management Suite ETWeb empower at HR Tech World Paris
- What They Don’t Tell You Before Obtaining A New HRIS System
- How a Small Business Can Benefit from the Cloud
- HR Software Solutions Renews Its Relationship with The HRIS World
- Selecting a Global HR System: Essentials Check-List for SMB’s
- Mitigating and Overcoming Common Hazards of Building an Efficient Recruitment Process
- What is HR data really all about — metrics? Or INSIGHTS?
- How To Improve the Journey for your Candidates and Hiring Managers
- Top 10 Cloud Apps for Your Small Business
- Online Service for Booking SAP Consultants
- With Cloud Computing, What Do You Need to Know About IaaS?
- How Do You Determine Good Reporting Metrics When Using SharePoint?
- Top 5 Business Payroll Software Programs
- Do You Know What to Look for in Good HR Software?
- VidCruiter Continues to Innovate
- More Cloud-Based Services You May Be Using
- Exploiting Innovative Technologies in BI and Big Data Analytics
- From SMB to Enterprise: Top 5 Major European Payroll Software Vendors
- MOVE Guides for Your Talent Mobility
- talentia: Consolidated Technology Aligns Financial Data With HR Activity
- Sonru, Leading Video Interviewing Software Sponsors HR Tech World, Paris
- Lumesse au rendez-vous d’HR Tech World à Paris
- Top 5 Open Source Software for Human Resource Management
- metaphor.com: Boosting Empowerment – Can Empowering Employees Really Affect Change?
- Open Source HR Software? or Closed Source? Which Shall It Be?
- 4 HR Management Systems For Your Small Business (think Cloud)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Cloud Applicant Tracking Systems
- GigPlug – A New Channel for Talent Acquisition
- How to Make Preparing Your Resume Painless
- Renishaw and Talentia HR Software
- How Basecamp Impacts Project Management Execution
- Basecamp Will Definitely Change the Way You Do Project Management
- How to Reclaim Unsynced Files in Microsoft OneNote
- 5 Reasons Why Users Deem Linux as the Best OS
- Establishing Efficient Workflows Using SharePoint? Yes! Here’s How…
- Here’s a Thought: How About Using SharePoint to Actually… Share?
- Creating Value in Managing Documents By Using SharePoint
- Have You Thought About What to Look for In a SharePoint Consultant?
- Giving Small Business a Competitive Advantage with the Cloud
Our Social Media Presence
Where to Follow Us!