When we scheduled this article for publication, @GO_Enterprise had 196 followers and was following 74.
As the poll noted by Globo in their press release was conducted on twitter, this hardly makes a scientic study.
Given the savings BYOD’s bring employers, we are publishing this to remind employers to honor the fact that their employees are willing to pay for something out of pocket that isn’t a requirement in most cases.
It does favor the employee to be using a BYOD, however, how many would remain doing so if your company policies are getting others into unintentional trouble? especially their star performers?
Something to think about…
Survey Finds Companies Are Not Communiticating Their BYOD Policies To Employees – Yet 68 Percent Of Employees Are Using Their Personal Devices For Work
Recent Twitter Poll Conducted by Globo Shows Companies Are Not Informing Employees of Current or Proposed BYOD Guidelines
In the survey, 68% of respondents said they use their personal devices for work,
Furthermore, 42% of respondents don’t know if their company’s BYOD policy allows IT to have full access to their personal devices.
These findings show a significant lack of communication between companies and their employees with respect to BYOD, an issue that must be addressed.
- 14% reported that they don’t know if their company currently has a BYOD policy
- 91% responded that they do not know if their company plans to implement a BYOD policy
- If IT clearly stated that they have access to their employee’s personal information such as emails and contacts, 93 percent of respondents said that they would not participate in a BYOD program
- 69% said that they would not consider breaking a company policy in regards to BYOD even if they knew that they would not get caught
- 62% of the people that are using a personal device for work say that they are using it first and foremost to check emails
According to Aggelos Grypaios, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing for Globo, “With the significant number of employees already using their personal devices for work, companies should be focused on creating a BYOD program and policies that fit the specific needs of the company.
“The next important step is to communicate the policy to employees and make sure that they understand their rights and the rights of the company.
“Defining and managing a BYOD strategy that protects the security of the employee and the employer will keep companies competitive in the market by creating a mobile workforce.”
What Are Your Thoughts??
✔ How clear — or not clear — are the BYOD policies in your company?
✔ If the policies are too strict, would you pursue changing the policies or changing your job? Why?
✔ Based on your expereience, would you recommend others to be bringing their own device?
Please share your thoughts in our comments section below!
About Globo PLC
GLOBO (LSE-AIM: GBO), is an international leader and technology innovator delivering mobile, telecom and e-business software products and services. Globo has established itself as one of the market leaders in the ICT market, offering a wide range of products and services to the corporate, public and consumer market. The Group operates internationally through subsidiaries and offices in US, UK, Europe, Middle East and South East Asia. For more information visit the company’s website at globoplc.com.
For more details on the survey results or to speak with a Globo executive, please contact
Lora Friedrichsen of Global Results Communications
Web Site : http://globoplc.com/
Available in The HRIS World Resources[easyazon-block align=”center” asin=”B00AFBBUPS” locale=”us”] [easyazon-cta align=”center” asin=”B00AFBBUPS” height=”28″ key=”amazon-us-wide-orange” locale=”us” width=”176″]
Publication Date: November 29, 2012
Although enterprise mobility is in high demand across domains, an absence of experts who have worked on enterprise mobility has resulted in a lack of books on the subject.
A Comprehensive Guide to Enterprise Mobility fills this void.
It supplies authoritative guidance on all aspects of enterprise mobility—from technical aspects and applications to implementation.
The book introduces basic concepts such as enterprise mobility adoption strategy and user requirements in mobility.
Illustrating the technical aspects of enterprise mobility, it analyzes the key features and challenges in developing mobility solutions for various domains.
The text is organized into 4 sections…
- Mobility Concepts : supplies a solid foundation in enterprise mobility, from strategy definition to deployment of enterprise mobility solutions
- Mobile Solutions and Case Studies : introduces readers to the applications of enterprise mobility across a wide range of industry sectors
- Mobile Application Development : supplies an overview of popular mobile platforms and mobile programming languages
- Technology Considerations in Mobility : details hybrid and supporting technologies in enterprise mobility
The book’s case studies illustrate the complete lifecycle in the development of mobility solutions, including the high level requirements, architecture, and design principles for each use case.
Demonstrating how to put the concepts covered into practice, the text details the application of mobility solutions across various domains, including the healthcare, retail, airline, and pharmaceutical industries.[easyazon-image align=”center” asin=”B00AFBBUPS” locale=”us” height=”160″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Naq9iijgL._SL160_.jpg” width=”101″] [easyazon-cta align=”center” asin=”B00AFBBUPS” height=”28″ key=”amazon-us-wide-orange” locale=”us” width=”176″]
• Save up to $119 w/Surface Pro 3 Bundle
• MS Work&Play Bundle $149 incl 1-yr subscriptions to:
Office 365 Home, Wi-Fi + Skype Unlimited World, Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Live Music Pass
Short URL for This Content
Author Bio and Latest Posts
Press Releases are broadcasted by The HRIS World from various resources as well as individual requests.
We feature press releases that have a high relevancy and importance to our audience.
Our audience are professionals in Cloud, ERP, HRIS, HR Tech, Project Management, Recruiting, HR, and C-level Executives who live and work in 90+ countries.
We can provide your press release to our focused audience of 50,000+ a month for a flat fee of $45.
As we have several revenue streams available to us, we can afford to offer this low price to bring your press release to a focused group.
For further information, contact us at by social media or via email by clicking your choice below...
Latest posts by Press Releases (see all)
- Mercer and MOVE Guides collaborate to improve the employee global mobility experience - Tue, 12-May-2015
- Who is Brynne Herbert, Besides CEO & Founder of MOVE Guides’? - Thu, 7-May-2015
- 10 Traits of Transformational CEOs - Mon, 13-Apr-2015
- Using the Best Search Technologies for Discovering Most Qualified U.S. Presidential Candidates? - Mon, 23-Mar-2015
- Textkernel, Specialist in Semantic Recruitment Technology, at HR Tech Europe London - Mon, 16-Mar-2015