New Individualized Course on Creating Executive Presence Will Launch in 2013 – Available Anywhere in the World
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – Award-winning business author Jennifer Crittenden announced today the global launch of Creating Executive Presence, an intensive one-on-one program created in response to media coverage of “executive presence.”
“Professionals are told that ‘presence’ is key to their success, but information out there is non-specific, bland or garbled,” said Crittenden.
“This course breaks it down into teachable behaviors, informed observations, and tactical exercises.
“It incorporates techniques athletes use to improve performance and actors use to create stage presence.
How you come across to people is extremely important, and it shouldn’t be just another business buzzword.”
Indeed, a recent study reported that women and people of color find feedback about executive presence so contradictory and confusing that 81% say they don’t know how to act on it.
“The U.S. workforce is so diverse now, it’s great that the program can be offered anywhere in the world,” said Crittenden.
“Executive presence is about creating, not conforming, so each participant’s outcome is unique.
“It’s a fun process, not to mention that insight into American perceptions can lead to increased promotability and compensation.”
Creating Executive Presence includes self-assessments of areas related to authority, credibility, authenticity, trust, composure, and confidence.
Tactical lessons include voice, body language, social and language skills.
Context-specific behaviors are identified, studied, evaluated, and practiced.
Individual coaching is provided in six 90-minute video-Skype sessions, followed by readings and exercises, including audio and video analysis of self and others.
Participants will receive Crittenden’s new handbook Creating Executive Presence (Whistling Rabbit Press, 2013), addressing such topics as behaviors versus perceptions, derailers, stage fright, and pre-performance rituals.
Program time totals 56 hours, typically over three months.
The introductory cost is $2000.
Register at http://www.discreetguide.com/executive-presence/.
About Jennifer Crittenden
Crittenden is the author of the Amazon bestselling book The Discreet Guide for Executive Women. She has a BA in Linguistics, an MBA in Finance and nearly 25 years of experience in corporate America working in the U.S, and abroad, rising to CFO. She serves on the board of Women Evolution and writes and speaks frequently on topics related to gender, communication, and language. She holds a baccalaureate certificate in Film Studies and a teaching certificate from the University of Cambridge.
SOURCE Jennifer Crittenden
The Discreet Guide for Executive Women
Jennifer’s bestselling book The Discreet Guide for Executive Women: How to Work Well with Men (and Other Difficulties) is available through our Amazon store…
Publication Date: January 26, 2012
Inspired to extend a helping hand to ambitious women working in corporate America, a veteran executive offers honest, practical, slightly irreverent advice about navigating companies that are run and populated predominately by men: how to interpret their sometimes surprising behavior, avoid common mistakes, flourish with the good guys, deal with the bad guys, and nurture a wonderful, satisfying career in a non-traditional role.
Learn how to…
- build relationships with men one-on-one, in meetings, and after hours
- work a difficult room full of men and shine in the eyes of your male managers
- identify gentlemen, bullies, liars, and predators
- detect a glass ceiling and sidestep a misogynist backlash
- get noticed for your courage and common sense and be heard
- avoid classic pitfalls related to conflict, emotional behavior, and sex
More articles by Press Releases...
- IDBS Selects Talentia Software to Achieve A Global Single View of Employee Data - 9-July-2014
- HR.com April Webcasts - 2-April-2014
- Attracting, Developing and Retaining Talent in Non-Western Cultures - 24-March-2014
- Tucana Conference: People Analytics - Building a Data-Driven HR - 21-March-2014
- Paylocity Prices Initial Public Offering - 19-March-2014
- SBA, NWBC, and Women Innovators to host #STEMforHer Twitter Q&A - 19-March-2014
- How to Contextualize Big Data Insights into Processes - 19-March-2014
- Is Cloud Killing the CIO Role? - 19-March-2014
- The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® (LEI) for France Increases - 19-March-2014
- CloudEndure Eliminates Downtime in the Cloud - 19-March-2014
Short URL for This Content