Posted by Garrett O'Brien+ on 23-May-2012 in business processes, columns, defining business processes, documenting business processes, hcm, hr technology, hris, hrms, implementation, mapping business processes, needs assessment, project mgmt, RFP development, risk management, strategic planning, The HRIS World Research Network | 0 comments
A feasibility study is the textbook approach to the beginning of any project. And textbooks are great – just as long as most, if not everything, in the project falls within the text. And… just when does THAT happen? Instead of utilizing a feasibility study or feasibility assessment as a tool that can assist to bring the defined desire results, too many rely upon it as a means to an end. You can buy a tradesman a wrench, but if he needed a hammer then it was a wasted effort, yes? What he needed was a hammer, not a wrench… The...read more
Posted by Garrett O'Brien+ on 8-Aug-2011 in AFRICA, ASIA, AUSTRALIA, business processes, CENTRAL AMERICA, defining business processes, documenting business processes, EUROPE, implementation, mapping business processes, methodologies, needs assessment, NORTH AMERICA, operational execution, process improvement, project management, project mgmt, requirements definitions, risk management, Sigma Projeto Brasil, SOUTH AMERICA, strategic planning, strategic planning, support services, team management, The HRIS World Research Network, tools, WORLDWIDE | 0 comments
Every project has its pain points – some more so than others, yet none are without pain… As pain is an emotional experience, let’s remove the systems and machines and look at just the human factor. For the scope of this articles we will look at pain as experienced from two human factors — knowledge and beliefs. From these two human factors, all other aspects of the project evolve. If you believe there are others, please respectfully share in the comments below – that is why we have comments, yes? Many of us know that our skills only...read more
Please note we are accepting new posts only from our present list of Contributors.
If you wish to be added to our waiting list for 2014, please submit your name and a sample work by clicking here. Thank you!
HRIS Software Services
♦ already 500+ members strong!
♦ latest posts arrive to your inbox!
♦ occasional special offers & discounts!
♦ stay on top with press releases & latest news, globally
visit our sponsors
Webinars | Conferences
HR Tech Europe 2.013
Could you image operating your business without an HRIS system? When you have 45,000 employees? In 100 countries? And why does it matter? This video is a MUST see just from the sheer obstacles that had to be overcome.
For Our C-Level Audience…
OECD Video Playlist
For Our Veterans
16,417 Exhibitors • 320,606 Attendees
Recently Read by THW…
Sign the Petition
Intel and Education
All-Time Popular Posts
- How to Consolidated Bookmarks for Multiple Browsers by Garrett O'Brien
- Report: What 1800 SMB HR Professionals Value in HR Software by Press Releases
- The (Augmented) Reality of the Situation: Emerging Trends and Issues by Press Releases
- Our Survey Results — and Some Changes Are Coming! by Garrett O'Brien
- Hiring Process: Saving You Money? Or Costing You Your Investment? by Catalino Calacar
- Top 5 Open Source Software for Human Resource Management by Joy Maiywa
- Towers Watson Announces Latest Release of Talent|REWARD® Software Solution by Press Releases
- Exploiting Innovative Technologies in BI and Big Data Analytics by Garrett O'Brien
- Cloud Contracts Need More Transparency to Improve Risk Management by Press Releases
- Guaranteeing Business Compliance: Maintaining the Legality of your Business Venture by Lewis R Humphries