Breakthrough for BYOD’s May Resolve Security Issues
Send to Your Kindle
Editor’s Note: Normally, we would do not post too many articles nor press releases involving IT, but this breakthrough is something everyone needs to know about (especially since the majority of you BYOD to work).
If you can ignore the technical jargon, you can see the secruity breakthroughs that this chip has provided.< em>And should you have a good relationship with anyone in your IT team, you may want to share this with them, perhaps?
Broadcom Unveils New Line of Enterprise Switch SoCs For Growing BYOD and Mobility Requirements
New StrataXGS® Products Deliver Breakthrough Innovation for Managing the Agile Enterprise
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ –
- Addresses evolving network requirements for secure unified wired, wireless and cloud connectivity
- Powerful integration combines gigabit Ethernet switching/routing, CPU subsystem and 40G stacking
- Custom engines deliver IP firewall, WLAN controller and network virtualization functionality
- Breadth of device choices optimized for mid-size enterprise and large-scale Fortune 500 networks
Broadcom’s new StrataXGS BCM56340 Series delivers a broad range of innovative features that simplify the provisioning and monitoring of mobile user traffic while providing secure, seamless and high-speed connectivity to
For more news, visit Broadcom’s Newsroom.
As the number of connected devices and emergence of cloud-based applications continues to climb, demand for higher-bandwidth enterprise networks is growing at a rapid pace.
With the trend toward bring-your-own-device (BYOD) in the workplace, enterprise IT managers must adapt with scalable, affordable, secure platforms in a unified infrastructure.
“IT organizations are under increasing pressure to provide access to applications and data from anywhere, at any time, via any device,”said Matthias Machowinski, Infonetics Directing Analyst, Enterprise Networks and Video.
“Bandwidth, integration and intelligent security features that scale to a large number of users are among the top requirements.
“Broadcom’s latest innovation for the enterprise should strengthen the company’s position as a leading supplier in this space.”
App-IQ security intelligence distributes enterprise firewall capabilities among all access ports, eliminating network bottlenecks and delivering increased
These highly integrated products combine a 48-port gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switching core, a dual-core ARM A9 CPU, and energy-efficient 10GbE SerDes uplinks into a single chip solution.
“Mobile device use in the enterprise continues to scale at a dramatic rate, straining the network in terms of bandwidth, data security, and connectivity to services.
IT managers are seeking solutions to enable a considerably more agile and secure network,” said Ram Velaga, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager of the Core Switching Group.
“Our new StrataXGS devices are designed from the ground up to address these challenges, delivering maximum stackable port density and performance, distributed security intelligence, and unified switching across LANs, WLANs, and data centers – all in a single chip solution.”
- 89% of enterprise networks enable BYOD1
- 75% of US IT managers said new rules must be established around security and device usage2
- 90% of IT managers feel the use of mobile devices pose a significant threat to security3
- 1/10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet ports are forecasted to exceed 600 million ports by 20164
- App-IQ distributed security intelligence provides high bandwidth Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for highly granular application visibility
- Integrated Smart-Buffer capabilities provide optimal, adaptive management of network congestion and absorption of bursty workloads
- Integrated Smart-Table technology delivers large Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding scale with flexible, network topology-based provisioning
- Layer 2 multipathing and network virtualization via IEEE 802.1BR enable optimum workload mobility
- Large IPv6 forwarding tables, up to 80G stacking and optional 40GE uplinks provide maximum scalability for Fortune500 network environments
The StrataXGS BCM56340 Series is now sampling in multiple device options.
Volume production is slated for the second half of 2013.
Visit http://www.broadcom.com/products/features/network_redefined.php to learn more.
What Are Your Thoughts??
✔ Many employees are finding themselves needing to be proactive when it comes to policies with BYOD’s, what havs your company been able to do to help alieviate this situation?
✔ This announcement will provide some of the answers many IT departments had questions about, especially security — what is your concern about your own data and security? What are you doing to make sure your data and your machine have the right security tools?
✔ If you are using security tools with your BYOD’s, would you mind sharing what you are using for our audience?
Please share your thoughts with our audience in the comments section below!
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry’s broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
1 Yankee Group 2011
2 Cisco 2012
3 Information Week 2012
4 Infonetics 2012
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo and StrataXGS® are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Infrastructure & Networking
Web Site : http://www.broadcom.com
More articles by Press Releases...
- The Hong Kong Institute of Housing Supports Standard Working Hours Legislation - 5-December-2013
- Dates for New York Forum Africa 2014 Announced - 5-December-2013
- Employee Confidence Rebounds in Month Following Shutdown - 5-December-2013
- IDC Worldwide Server Tracker, Q3 2013 Results - 5-December-2013
- Healthcare Workers' Confidence in Economy and Ability to Find New Jobs Soars - 4-December-2013
- Research Press Releases 1-Nov-2013 - 1-November-2013
- Payroll Complexity Remains Impediment for Globalization - 22-October-2013
- Need A Quick Way to Gain Credits for PHR? SPHR? GPHR? - 22-October-2013
- HR Tech Europe 2.013 - 3 Years in the Making - 9-September-2013
- Looming Health Insurance Exchange Deadline Emphasizes Ongoing IT Challenges - 2-August-2013
Our ISP Has Many Services to Fit Your Needs...
Free Membership offer...
Why A Free Membership with The HRIS World?
♦ Latest posts to the inbox of more than 500 members automatically
♦ Special offers that our members receive you will not find elsewhere
♦ Press releases & latest news to help our members stay on top, globally, of what is happening and where
♦ Webinar & Conference Calendar with the latest conference updates & schedules provided monthly, 3 months out
♦ Research participation -- get the opportunity read and review the latest technology, trends, as well as provide feedback
♦ Book recommendations -- books written by those in our industry! (from our Amazon store)
♦ Video playlist updates -- the latest videos from our 200+ playlists and 10,000+ vidoes from leading companies and organizations
♦ Paid membership options -- The Research Network will become a paid membership and will provide the latest research from Forrester, Gartner, Bersin by Deloitte, and many other leading research organizations
♦ Guest writer options -- not only the opportunity to provide a guest post to The HRIS World, but free lessons on what it takes to research and write a simple post, something that will go great with any resume!
♦ Internship -- Obtain experience in researching, writing, and publishing, as well as remaining a step ahead of your colleagues
♦ Membership control -- you control what you receive, as well as try out. Something not working for you, change it something else! Better yet, contact us to let us know!
♦ Experience being part of 16,000+ unique monthly visitors from 90+ countries, half of whom are decision-makers (and half of them being C-levels!)
however our special offers do not appear in our RSS feeds.
Kindle-It, Scoop-It, Listen-to-It, Share-It
If you liked this post, then take a moment to share with your friends!
Send to Your Kindle, Scoop-it, Listen to it here or as a podcast, or use the buttons to the left to Share otherwise.
Send to Your Kindle
|Scoop.it||Podcasts Coming Soon!|
Podcasts, Kindle, RSS
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds by blog
From Our Facebook Pages
Quick NavLinkssitemap | about us | contact us | feeds | privacy | search
guest post guidelines
Unless otherwise noted, photo credits are Fotolia.com
Recommended Financial Books
Disclaimer: The books selected here are chosen due to the integrity of the authors. All information in these books are provided as an education as well as advice. The books presented here provide general information only and nothing contained in the material constitutes a recommendation for the purchase or sale of any stock and/or security. As such, CGServices USA, CGServiços Brasil, The HRIS World, The HRIS Career World, Sigma Projeto, HRIS jobs, and The HRIS World Store are free from any and all financial decisions made by the reader of these books.
Our lists are updated daily for the latest video briefs,
resulting in our 2 channels having 10,000+ videos...
A Listing of Our 150+ Playlists
Cloud, ERP, HRIS, HR Tech, Project Managment, Microsoft Office, ...
Open to See Our Playlists...
Provides the latest informative videos in 4 categories relating to the industries...
Research & Services...
Microsoft Personal Computing...
Vendors and Conferences...
A Listing of Our 70+ Playlists
Open to See Our Playlists...
Provides the latest informative videos in 6 categories relating to HR and your career...