Editor’s Note: Normally, we would do not post too many articles nor press releases involving IT, but this breakthrough is something everyone needs to know about (especially since the majority of you BYOD to work).
If you can ignore the technical jargon, you can see the secruity breakthroughs that this chip has provided.< em>And should you have a good relationship with anyone in your IT team, you may want to share this with them, perhaps?
Broadcom Unveils New Line of Enterprise Switch SoCs For Growing BYOD and Mobility Requirements
New StrataXGS® Products Deliver Breakthrough Innovation for Managing the Agile Enterprise
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ —
- Addresses evolving network requirements for secure unified wired, wireless and cloud connectivity
- Powerful integration combines gigabit Ethernet switching/routing, CPU subsystem and 40G stacking
- Custom engines deliver IP firewall, WLAN controller and network virtualization functionality
- Breadth of device choices optimized for mid-size enterprise and large-scale Fortune 500 networks
Broadcom’s new StrataXGS BCM56340 Series delivers a broad range of innovative features that simplify the provisioning and monitoring of mobile user traffic while providing secure, seamless and high-speed connectivity to
For more news, visit Broadcom’s Newsroom.
As the number of connected devices and emergence of cloud-based applications continues to climb, demand for higher-bandwidth enterprise networks is growing at a rapid pace.
With the trend toward bring-your-own-device (BYOD) in the workplace, enterprise IT managers must adapt with scalable, affordable, secure platforms in a unified infrastructure.
“IT organizations are under increasing pressure to provide access to applications and data from anywhere, at any time, via any device,”said Matthias Machowinski, Infonetics Directing Analyst, Enterprise Networks and Video.
“Bandwidth, integration and intelligent security features that scale to a large number of users are among the top requirements.
“Broadcom’s latest innovation for the enterprise should strengthen the company’s position as a leading supplier in this space.”
App-IQ security intelligence distributes enterprise firewall capabilities among all access ports, eliminating network bottlenecks and delivering increased
These highly integrated products combine a 48-port gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switching core, a dual-core ARM A9 CPU, and energy-efficient 10GbE SerDes uplinks into a single chip solution.
“Mobile device use in the enterprise continues to scale at a dramatic rate, straining the network in terms of bandwidth, data security, and connectivity to services.
IT managers are seeking solutions to enable a considerably more agile and secure network,” said Ram Velaga, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager of the Core Switching Group.
“Our new StrataXGS devices are designed from the ground up to address these challenges, delivering maximum stackable port density and performance, distributed security intelligence, and unified switching across LANs, WLANs, and data centers – all in a single chip solution.”
- 89% of enterprise networks enable BYOD1
- 75% of US IT managers said new rules must be established around security and device usage2
- 90% of IT managers feel the use of mobile devices pose a significant threat to security3
- 1/10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet ports are forecasted to exceed 600 million ports by 20164
- App-IQ distributed security intelligence provides high bandwidth Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for highly granular application visibility
- Integrated Smart-Buffer capabilities provide optimal, adaptive management of network congestion and absorption of bursty workloads
- Integrated Smart-Table technology delivers large Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding scale with flexible, network topology-based provisioning
- Layer 2 multipathing and network virtualization via IEEE 802.1BR enable optimum workload mobility
- Large IPv6 forwarding tables, up to 80G stacking and optional 40GE uplinks provide maximum scalability for Fortune500 network environments
The StrataXGS BCM56340 Series is now sampling in multiple device options.
Volume production is slated for the second half of 2013.
Visit http://www.broadcom.com/products/features/network_redefined.php to learn more.
What Are Your Thoughts??
✔ Many employees are finding themselves needing to be proactive when it comes to policies with BYOD’s, what havs your company been able to do to help alieviate this situation?
✔ This announcement will provide some of the answers many IT departments had questions about, especially security — what is your concern about your own data and security? What are you doing to make sure your data and your machine have the right security tools?
✔ If you are using security tools with your BYOD’s, would you mind sharing what you are using for our audience?
Please share your thoughts with our audience in the comments section below!
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry’s broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
1 Yankee Group 2011
2 Cisco 2012
3 Information Week 2012
4 Infonetics 2012
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo and StrataXGS® are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Infrastructure & Networking
Web Site : http://www.broadcom.com
• Save up to $119 w/Surface Pro 3 Bundle
• MS Work&Play Bundle $149 incl 1-yr subscriptions to:
Office 365 Home, Wi-Fi + Skype Unlimited World, Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Live Music Pass
Short URL for This Content
Author Bio and Latest Posts
Press Releases are broadcasted by The HRIS World from various resources as well as individual requests.
We feature press releases that have a high relevancy and importance to our audience.
Our audience are professionals in Cloud, ERP, HRIS, HR Tech, Project Management, Recruiting, HR, and C-level Executives who live and work in 90+ countries.
We can provide your press release to our focused audience of 50,000+ a month for a flat fee of $45.
As we have several revenue streams available to us, we can afford to offer this low price to bring your press release to a focused group.
For further information, contact us at by social media or via email by clicking your choice below...
Latest posts by Press Releases (see all)
- 10 Traits of Transformational CEOs - Mon, 13-Apr-2015
- Using the Best Search Technologies for Discovering Most Qualified U.S. Presidential Candidates? - Mon, 23-Mar-2015
- Textkernel, Specialist in Semantic Recruitment Technology, at HR Tech Europe London - Mon, 16-Mar-2015
- AssessFirst launches the First Personality Assessment Solution in Freemium Mode - Mon, 16-Mar-2015
- Networking & Training – When Employees Become Brand Advocates - Thu, 5-Mar-2015