How to Reduce the Cost of a New Hire – or even 20
Save 40% when upgrading to Creative Cloud : For existing CS3 or later customers
HireVue Equips Hiring Managers in the War for Tech Talent with the Introduction of CodeVue™
Cloud-based Digital Recruiting Platform Helps Rapidly Identify, Engage and Screen Technical Talent through Online Interviews
SALT LAKE CITY, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ –
Information technology research company Gartner projects 2013 IT spending to hit $3.7 trillion.
This increased investment has led to single-digit unemployment for IT professionals, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, making it extremely difficult for
The challenge lies in identifying and evaluating complex technical skills, a task that is especially difficult for recruiters and HR leaders who are often not technically proficient, often translating to bad hires.
HireVue is introducing a solution to these challenges head-on with the launch of CodeVue™, the world’s first cloud-based digital recruiting platform built to rapidly and effectively identify, screen and assess technical talent.
“As the demand for technical talent proliferates across industries, the need to evaluate their skills has become increasingly challenging,” explains Mark Newman, chief innovation officer, HireVue.
“Recruiters often lack understanding of programming languages to properly assess a candidate.
“Additionally, C-level executives lack the time and resources to commit to the dramatically increasing demand of reviewing each candidate applying for a position.
“CodeVue™, integrated into HireVue’s digital platform, eliminates all of these problems by delivering an interactive, consistent, convenient and data-driven interview process for recruiters, hiring managers and candidates alike.”
“Our top priority is to deliver innovative solutions to help our clients further automate their sales teams and front office operations,” said Jen Kindell, director of operations, 360vantage.com.
“Since our pace of development is at an all-time high, we needed a better way to quickly identify and evaluate technical skills as we continue to build out our team of talented engineers and developers.
“HireVue CodeVue is helping us do just that, by allowing us to evaluate a candidate’s ability to code early on in the process, ensuring we’re spending time with only the best candidates with the best skills.
“This will improve our time to hire, and help us quickly build products that give our clients a competitive advantage.”
Showcase Coding Abilities
HireVue CodeVue™ enables candidates to more conveniently and expressively showcase their coding abilities through a series of challenges during the digital interviewing process.
Recruiters and hiring managers can review candidates’ validated coding results (including scores, score details, and raw and executed code) as well as video responses to behavioral-based interview questions.
The online interview responses, code samples and scores can be shared with other members of the hiring team for rapid collaboration, feedback and data-driven decisions.
Candidates are afforded a better opportunity to be heard by showcasing their coding skills as well as how they solve problems and the pace at which they can process and complete work – all through HireVue’s social and video-enabled capabilities, and all on their own time.
A core benefit to companies deploying CodeVue™ is making smarter IT recruitment and hiring decisions.
A Center for American Progress study finds that the average cost to replace an employee is between 10 and 30% of the employee’s annual salary.
HireVue’s digital platform helps fight these costs by allowing hiring managers to more accurately and effectively screen job candidates – from technical competency to cultural fit.
CodeVue – Technical Recruiting Made Easy!
Gotta Hire 10 New Developers…
CodeVue™ features include…
- 13 Programming Languages – Coding challenges are available in different programming languages.
- 60+ Code Challenge Library – Choose from a knowledge base of pre-made challenges or suggest your own.
- Easy, Medium, and Hard Questions – Recruit for all job levels with coding challenges that range from simple to very difficult.
- On-Demand – Invite multiple candidates to complete coding challenges (and video response questions) at their convenience; busy recruiters and managers watch, rate and share responses on their own time.
- Secure, Private and Reliable – CodeVue™ is safe, secure, scalable, internationalized, consistent and enterprise-ready.
- Automatic Updates – CodeVue™ is cloud-based so software and content updates are automatically included in the subscription.
- Enterprise-Ready – Enterprise data, integration and compliance management tools safely support even the most complex global organizations.
Better candidate experience:
- Invite Candidates – Pre-selected candidates can be invited to participate via email or ATS integration; challenges can also be published directly to social networks.
- Social Media Integration – Public coding challenges can be distributed directly to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn; candidates can register with their social profiles.
- Public Coding Competitions – Public coding challenges are great for creating contests and sourcing developers through social networks and talent communities.
- Private Challenges – Secure, private challenges are ideal for screening qualified candidates, replacing whiteboard code reviews and manual code reviews.
- Objective Process – HireVue improves screening standardization, fairness, measurability, consistency and tracking.
- Mobile – Candidates can access on-demand video response, multiple choice and essay format interviews on the go using HireVue apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices.
Simplified processing for hiring managers:
- Data-Driven Decisions – Scores for coding challenges and video response interview questions are rated numerically by all reviewers, making processes more objective and decisions more measured.
- Code Scoring and Evaluation – CodeVue™ responses are automatically scored from 0-100 based on predetermined test cases.
- Video Response Questions – Video response questions help assess character, chemistry, cultural fit and compatibility.
- Review Raw and Executed Code – Reviewers can see candidates’ raw and executed code.
- Timed Challenges – Time limits can be specified for each coding challenge.
- Cheating and Plagiarism Detection – Submissions are compared to each other and flagged if very similar.
- Sharing and Collaboration – Simply click to share candidate responses with colleagues, capturing feedback from evaluation teams around the world.
- ATS Integration – HireVue has integrations with the leading HR technology vendors, reducing the need for duplicate candidate and job data entry.
What Are Your Thoughts??
✔ HireVue has been showing a lot of EDGE lately, have you used this product? If so, what are your impressions?
✔ Given the cost to replace an employee and the resource and timeline necessary for hiring candidates, HireVue shows a lot of promise by utilizing technology in the qualifications area… What would you like HireVue to add to their arsenal of software that would help you as well?
✔ How soon will your company be making a change to their recruiting practices? Is it even on the table?
Please share your thoughts with our audience in the comments section below!
HireVue is an amazing new way to interview – on demand! Users simply browse, watch, rate and share the interviews they want, on their own time – just like streaming their favorite movies – even from a smart phone. Recognized by HR Executive Magazine as a Top HR Product of 2012, HireVue’s Digital Interview Platform™ also helps improve interviews of all types, including in person, phone and video interviews. Digital question, feedback and collaboration tools remove hassle and make interviewing up to ten times faster and nine times cheaper. Join HireVue customers like Starbucks, Nike and Walmart who are making interviewing awesome. http://www.hirevue.com
Web Site : http://www.hirevue.com
Be sure to see our HireVue playlist on YouTube as well!
More articles by Press Releases...
- Can Mobile Devices Can Be More Secure than PCs? Yes, Here's Why... - 17-May-2013
- Top 10 Global Economies: How Costly Is A Hiring Mistake? - 17-May-2013
- Dow HRO Services Launched Successfully in Asia - 16-May-2013
- 14-Point Roadmap for "Improving Diverse Representation in the Boardroom" - 15-May-2013
- CXOs: You Can Now Strategically Manage Technology Investments - 15-May-2013
- CedarCrestone 2013–14 HR Systems Survey Now Open - 14-May-2013
- SMBs Struggling with PPACA, ADP Has A Webinar for You! - 13-May-2013
- Vendors: Have HRIS Customers But Not Sure What They Want? - 13-May-2013
- Athens, LinkedIn, Altimeter Group - What's Going On 16-May? - 13-May-2013
- Call for Presentations : IHRIM's Workforce Analytics Forum - 10-May-2013
To leave comments, you will need to sign in or register with facebook. To have your comments posted to your own facebook wall, be sure to click the 'Post to Profile' box. To minimize spam, all comments require admin approval before they will be displayed.
Benefits for Registering with The HRIS World
Using our registration option will allow you to receive our latest articles via email (you can opt out at any time) -- either allposts or posts for specific blogs.
|5 Common Hiring Mistakes
Read more about these mistakes, and how to avoid them in this whitepaper.
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds - by blog
Some More Information for You...
For the latest video briefs, check out any of our 50+ playlists on our YouTube channel...ADP : Brasil IT : Brasil IT-BPO : Ceridian : Cloud Computing : Epicor : HR Tech Europe : HR Technology Conference: IHRIM : Insight UK : Intel : Kenexa : Kronos : Mobile News : OpenText : Oracle : PeopleSoft : SAGE : SAP : SHRM : Success Magazine : Taleo : TechnoFunc : TowersWatson
You will also find our Microsoft and Microsoft Office 2010 YouTube video playlists helpful with your learning...Microsoft : Microsoft Office : 365 : Access : Excel : Lync : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint Workspace : Visio
AND NOW - Previews to Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2013 Applications!!!Microsoft : Microsoft Office : Access : Excel : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint : Visio