Breakthrough for BYOD’s May Resolve Security Issues
Save 40% when upgrading to Creative Cloud : For existing CS3 or later customers
Editor’s Note: Normally, we would do not post too many articles nor press releases involving IT, but this breakthrough is something everyone needs to know about (especially since the majority of you BYOD to work).
If you can ignore the technical jargon, you can see the secruity breakthroughs that this chip has provided.< em>And should you have a good relationship with anyone in your IT team, you may want to share this with them, perhaps?
Broadcom Unveils New Line of Enterprise Switch SoCs For Growing BYOD and Mobility Requirements
New StrataXGS® Products Deliver Breakthrough Innovation for Managing the Agile Enterprise
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ –
- Addresses evolving network requirements for secure unified wired, wireless and cloud connectivity
- Powerful integration combines gigabit Ethernet switching/routing, CPU subsystem and 40G stacking
- Custom engines deliver IP firewall, WLAN controller and network virtualization functionality
- Breadth of device choices optimized for mid-size enterprise and large-scale Fortune 500 networks
Broadcom’s new StrataXGS BCM56340 Series delivers a broad range of innovative features that simplify the provisioning and monitoring of mobile user traffic while providing secure, seamless and high-speed connectivity to
For more news, visit Broadcom’s Newsroom.
As the number of connected devices and emergence of cloud-based applications continues to climb, demand for higher-bandwidth enterprise networks is growing at a rapid pace.
With the trend toward bring-your-own-device (BYOD) in the workplace, enterprise IT managers must adapt with scalable, affordable, secure platforms in a unified infrastructure.
“IT organizations are under increasing pressure to provide access to applications and data from anywhere, at any time, via any device,”said Matthias Machowinski, Infonetics Directing Analyst, Enterprise Networks and Video.
“Bandwidth, integration and intelligent security features that scale to a large number of users are among the top requirements.
“Broadcom’s latest innovation for the enterprise should strengthen the company’s position as a leading supplier in this space.”
App-IQ security intelligence distributes enterprise firewall capabilities among all access ports, eliminating network bottlenecks and delivering increased
These highly integrated products combine a 48-port gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switching core, a dual-core ARM A9 CPU, and energy-efficient 10GbE SerDes uplinks into a single chip solution.
“Mobile device use in the enterprise continues to scale at a dramatic rate, straining the network in terms of bandwidth, data security, and connectivity to services.
IT managers are seeking solutions to enable a considerably more agile and secure network,” said Ram Velaga, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager of the Core Switching Group.
“Our new StrataXGS devices are designed from the ground up to address these challenges, delivering maximum stackable port density and performance, distributed security intelligence, and unified switching across LANs, WLANs, and data centers – all in a single chip solution.”
- 89% of enterprise networks enable BYOD1
- 75% of US IT managers said new rules must be established around security and device usage2
- 90% of IT managers feel the use of mobile devices pose a significant threat to security3
- 1/10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet ports are forecasted to exceed 600 million ports by 20164
- App-IQ distributed security intelligence provides high bandwidth Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for highly granular application visibility
- Integrated Smart-Buffer capabilities provide optimal, adaptive management of network congestion and absorption of bursty workloads
- Integrated Smart-Table technology delivers large Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding scale with flexible, network topology-based provisioning
- Layer 2 multipathing and network virtualization via IEEE 802.1BR enable optimum workload mobility
- Large IPv6 forwarding tables, up to 80G stacking and optional 40GE uplinks provide maximum scalability for Fortune500 network environments
The StrataXGS BCM56340 Series is now sampling in multiple device options.
Volume production is slated for the second half of 2013.
Visit http://www.broadcom.com/products/features/network_redefined.php to learn more.
What Are Your Thoughts??
✔ Many employees are finding themselves needing to be proactive when it comes to policies with BYOD’s, what havs your company been able to do to help alieviate this situation?
✔ This announcement will provide some of the answers many IT departments had questions about, especially security — what is your concern about your own data and security? What are you doing to make sure your data and your machine have the right security tools?
✔ If you are using security tools with your BYOD’s, would you mind sharing what you are using for our audience?
Please share your thoughts with our audience in the comments section below!
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry’s broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
1 Yankee Group 2011
2 Cisco 2012
3 Information Week 2012
4 Infonetics 2012
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo and StrataXGS® are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Infrastructure & Networking
Investors : Chris Zegarelli, Sr Dir, Investor Relations, +1 949-926-7567, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site : http://www.broadcom.com
More articles by Press Releases...
- Annual Healthcare Cost For Typical U.S. Family is How Much??? - 19-June-2013
- PHR, SPHR Pass Rates Getting a Boost from HR.com - 19-June-2013
- Complexities and Mandates of PPACA - Small Biz Webcast - 18-June-2013
- SVM Conducts Survey of Decision-Makers at SHRM 2013 on EE Incentives - 18-June-2013
- Driving Your Business Results from Your Talent Data? - 18-June-2013
- 2013 IHRIM Conference Culminates On High Note - 17-June-2013
- IHRIM Recognizes the Best of HRIS / HRMS Industry With 2013 Awards - 17-June-2013
- For Managing Contingent Labor: VMS? or MSP? - 14-June-2013
- U.S. Employer Confidence Highest Since 2009 - 13-June-2013
- Hiring Plans See Sunshine While Global Signs Are Cloudy? - 12-June-2013
To leave comments, you will need to sign in or register with facebook. To have your comments posted to your own facebook wall, be sure to click the 'Post to Profile' box. To minimize spam, all comments require admin approval before they will be displayed.
Benefits for Registering with The HRIS World
Using our registration option will allow you to receive our latest articles via email (you can opt out at any time) -- either allposts or posts for specific blogs.
|5 Common Hiring Mistakes
Read more about these mistakes, and how to avoid them in this whitepaper.
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds - by blog
Our lists are updated daily for the latest video briefs,
resulting in our 2 channels having 10,000+ videos...
Open to See A Listing of the 100+ HRIS World Playlists
Provides the latest informative videos in 4 categories relating to the industries...
Research & Services...
Microsoft Personal Computing...
Vendors and Conferences...
Open to See A Listing of the 50+ HRIS Career World Playlists
Provides the latest informative videos in 6 categories relating to HR and your career...