Employee Performance and Workforce Delivery Under Scrutiny
Save 40% when upgrading to Creative Cloud : For existing CS3 or later customers
Executives Need To Boost Employee Performance By 20% In 2013
Current Workforce Not Equipped To Deliver
In Lieu of Hiring, Organizations Will Need to Transform Existing Staff into High Performers
However, only 5% of their current employees have the ideal mix of core skills and competencies to deliver the results required.
Since only 32% of executives plan to hire to meet their goals, companies will need to develop and transform existing workforces to achieve high performance and greater productivity in today’s erratic and often volatile work environment.
Employees must work differently to survive where frequent organizational change, knowledge work and increased collaboration are the norm.
To thrive under these conditions, employees must be immune to the complexities of change, willing to collaborate with a broad range of individuals and be able to apply sound judgment in increasingly knowledge-based roles.
“Organizations must understand the dramatic shifts underway in the new work environment and equip employees with the skills and competencies that enable them to be successful,” said Conrad Schmidt, global research officer, CEB.
“With 67% of executives reporting continued pressure to lower costs despite increasing revenue expectations, the corporate bottom line is increasingly dependent on achieving greater labor efficiencies.
“In order to overcome new workplace challenges and facilitate increased employee productivity, executives will need to organize and manage their workforce differently.”
Executives seeking to develop and transform their employee base to realize business goals in the new work environment should:
- Accelerate Skill Development Through Guided Stretch Roles: Promote learning on the job by designing stretch roles to drive collaboration as well as business objectives
- Adjust Employee Roles to the Demand- and Supply-Sides of Collaboration: Redefine employee roles to emphasize collaboration and broader organizational impact
- Reorient Managers to Guide and Empower Knowledge Workers: Focus managers on removing complications that arise in a less routine, more ambiguous work environment
- Target Technology Investments to the Evolving Needs of Knowledge Work and Collaborative Teams: Improve mobility, data usability, collaboration platforms and customized applications by building back from specific employee needs, not broad business objectives
CEB is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation and improvement without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally. For more information, visit www.executiveboard.com.
Web Site : http://www.executiveboard.com
More articles by Press Releases...
- Can Mobile Devices Can Be More Secure than PCs? Yes, Here's Why... - 17-May-2013
- Top 10 Global Economies: How Costly Is A Hiring Mistake? - 17-May-2013
- Dow HRO Services Launched Successfully in Asia - 16-May-2013
- 14-Point Roadmap for "Improving Diverse Representation in the Boardroom" - 15-May-2013
- CXOs: You Can Now Strategically Manage Technology Investments - 15-May-2013
- CedarCrestone 2013–14 HR Systems Survey Now Open - 14-May-2013
- SMBs Struggling with PPACA, ADP Has A Webinar for You! - 13-May-2013
- Vendors: Have HRIS Customers But Not Sure What They Want? - 13-May-2013
- Athens, LinkedIn, Altimeter Group - What's Going On 16-May? - 13-May-2013
- Call for Presentations : IHRIM's Workforce Analytics Forum - 10-May-2013
To leave comments, you will need to sign in or register with facebook. To have your comments posted to your own facebook wall, be sure to click the 'Post to Profile' box. To minimize spam, all comments require admin approval before they will be displayed.
Benefits for Registering with The HRIS World
Using our registration option will allow you to receive our latest articles via email (you can opt out at any time) -- either allposts or posts for specific blogs.
|5 Common Hiring Mistakes
Read more about these mistakes, and how to avoid them in this whitepaper.
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds - by blog
Some More Information for You...
For the latest video briefs, check out any of our 50+ playlists on our YouTube channel...ADP : Brasil IT : Brasil IT-BPO : Ceridian : Cloud Computing : Epicor : HR Tech Europe : HR Technology Conference: IHRIM : Insight UK : Intel : Kenexa : Kronos : Mobile News : OpenText : Oracle : PeopleSoft : SAGE : SAP : SHRM : Success Magazine : Taleo : TechnoFunc : TowersWatson
You will also find our Microsoft and Microsoft Office 2010 YouTube video playlists helpful with your learning...Microsoft : Microsoft Office : 365 : Access : Excel : Lync : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint Workspace : Visio
AND NOW - Previews to Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2013 Applications!!!Microsoft : Microsoft Office : Access : Excel : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint : Visio