What Women Want from Employers
Save 40% when upgrading to Creative Cloud : For existing CS3 or later customers
Randstad Survey Results
Respondents Rated Flexibility & Adaptability as Top Skills for Career Growth
ATLANTA, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — As the workplace continues to evolve, more workers are not only taking on additional responsibilities, but many are learning skills outside of their traditional roles.
Just over half of women surveyed, 51%, reported these skill-sets as one of the top 2 most important, followed by knowledge of technology (selected by 37%) and teamwork (selected by 35%), respectively.
In Randstad’s latest Engagement Index study, women’s insights and perspectives on work and employee engagement were highlighted, as well as how women
- While 57% of women said they expect to grow their careers with their current employers, 48% of women still plan to explore other options when the job market picks up
- 41% of women noted they would give a lot of consideration to a job offer given to them by a different company or organization
Per Linda Galipeau, Randstad CEO of North America…“Women are taking on leadership roles and advancing to the top levels of organizations faster than ever before.“It is, therefore, critical that companies not lose sight of what it takes to successfully identify, retain and engage high potential women.“We believe it is crucial for more executives, both men and women, to actively serve as sponsors for the next generation of female leaders.“Not only is it essential for women to have access and visibility to senior executives, but it’s equally important for organizations to have a clearly defined strategy for developing women for the top roles while ensuring they are willing and able to throw their hats in the ring when the time is right.”
Other notable findings:
- 60% of women indicated that having their efforts valued and recognized is one of the most important elements (only 63% feel that their efforts are, in fact, recognized and valued)
- Also ranking towards the top, 53% of women indicated that one of the key elements driving their commitment to their jobs is enjoying going to work each day
- How can employers better engage their employees? Promotions and bonuses for high-performing employees, according to 39% of women surveyed; however, only 24% of respondents stated their companies offered such perks
In an effort to showcase dynamic and inspirational leaders who have
The panel will feature top female leaders in the Atlanta area who will discuss strategies and give advice to women navigating their career paths.
Susie Wolff, development driver for the Williams F1 racing team, of which Randstad is a partner, will also be participating and sharing some of her career milestones and key insights to her success.
Additionally, Randstad launched its Women Powering Business section on its Workforce360 thought leadership site.
This section will include the latest research and trends shaping the way women work.
For more information, as well as other research insights, advice and career resources, visit www.randstadusa.com/workforce360.
The 5th wave of findings was conducted online June 28 – July 18, 2012 from a national sample of 3,251 adults (including 1,430 women) aged 18 and older who are currently employed full time from Ipsos’ U.S. online panel.
Weighting was used to balance demographics and ensure samples reflect the U.S. population of working adults.
Multiple waves of research allow for trending and to track changes in perceptions and attitudes over time.
Research into employee attitudes and perceptions will be conducted quarterly. Research into employer attitudes and perceptions will be conducted on an annual basis.
Normally, we do not have a comments section to our press releases — however, we know there are voices out there that want to add to the survey results. What items do you feel the survey did not touch? What can you add to this survey? What feedback do you have to the survey? Let us know in the comments section below!
About Ipsos Public Affairs
Ipsos Public Affairs is a non-partisan, objective, survey-based research practice which conducts strategic research initiatives for a diverse number of American and international organizations, based on public opinion research.
They are the international polling agency of record for Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals.
To learn more, visit: www.ipsos-pa.com.
About Randstad US
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.
From temporary staffing to permanent placement to inhouse, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 28,700 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and inhouse locations in 40 countries.
Founded in 1960 and headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands, Randstad Holding nv is listed on the NYSE Euronext Amsterdam.
Learn more at http://www.randstad.com.
Senior PR Director, Randstad, +800-422-3819, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.randstad.com
More articles by Press Releases...
- Can Mobile Devices Can Be More Secure than PCs? Yes, Here's Why... - 17-May-2013
- Top 10 Global Economies: How Costly Is A Hiring Mistake? - 17-May-2013
- Dow HRO Services Launched Successfully in Asia - 16-May-2013
- 14-Point Roadmap for "Improving Diverse Representation in the Boardroom" - 15-May-2013
- CXOs: You Can Now Strategically Manage Technology Investments - 15-May-2013
- CedarCrestone 2013–14 HR Systems Survey Now Open - 14-May-2013
- SMBs Struggling with PPACA, ADP Has A Webinar for You! - 13-May-2013
- Vendors: Have HRIS Customers But Not Sure What They Want? - 13-May-2013
- Athens, LinkedIn, Altimeter Group - What's Going On 16-May? - 13-May-2013
- Call for Presentations : IHRIM's Workforce Analytics Forum - 10-May-2013
To leave comments, you will need to sign in or register with facebook. To have your comments posted to your own facebook wall, be sure to click the 'Post to Profile' box. To minimize spam, all comments require admin approval before they will be displayed.
Benefits for Registering with The HRIS World
Using our registration option will allow you to receive our latest articles via email (you can opt out at any time) -- either allposts or posts for specific blogs.
|5 Common Hiring Mistakes
Read more about these mistakes, and how to avoid them in this whitepaper.
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds - by blog
Some More Information for You...
For the latest video briefs, check out any of our 50+ playlists on our YouTube channel...ADP : Brasil IT : Brasil IT-BPO : Ceridian : Cloud Computing : Epicor : HR Tech Europe : HR Technology Conference: IHRIM : Insight UK : Intel : Kenexa : Kronos : Mobile News : OpenText : Oracle : PeopleSoft : SAGE : SAP : SHRM : Success Magazine : Taleo : TechnoFunc : TowersWatson
You will also find our Microsoft and Microsoft Office 2010 YouTube video playlists helpful with your learning...Microsoft : Microsoft Office : 365 : Access : Excel : Lync : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint Workspace : Visio
AND NOW - Previews to Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2013 Applications!!!Microsoft : Microsoft Office : Access : Excel : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint : Visio