Big Data Requires Big Skills – HR! Are You Prepared HR?
Save 40% when upgrading to Creative Cloud : For existing CS3 or later customers
Human Capital Professionals Need Better Analytical Skills to Articulate Business Results
New Report Provides Practical Guidance to Create and Run an Effective Human Capital Analytics
Despite the plethora of data gathered over the past two decades, human resources functions have made little progress in using this data to help provide insights critical to making strategic decisions.
According to a new report from The Conference Board, Human Capital Analytics: A Primer, it is not only critical for HR departments to embrace analytics, but to move analytics from beyond analyzing what happened or what is happening to predicting and prescribing
The report, prepared by The Conference Board’s Human Capital Practice and co-authored by Dr. Jac Fitz-enz, CEO of Human Capital Source, Dr. Patti P. Phillips, Principal Research Fellow, Human Capital, The Conference Board and Dr. Rebecca Ray, Senior Vice President, Human Capital, examines the current state of human capital analytics, identifies best practices that can lead to rapid development and deployment of a sound human capital analytics function, and creates a framework to better understand the process of human capital analytics that will increase the likelihood of success.
Per Dr. Rebecca Ray, Senior Vice President, Human Capital…“Today’s human capital functions have failed to keep pace with other business leaders in using analytics to make critical decisions.“It is imperative for human capital departments to create effective analytics processes that focus on making decisions in real time, particularly those which are predictive in nature, all of which closely align to current and future business plans.Human Capital Analytics provides guidance and recommendations, and key actions corporations can take to outline a strategy to create a sustainable human capital analytics program.”
- Identify the key business issues, problems or opportunities facing the organization
- Build hypotheses surrounding the causes and probable impacts of an issue or opportunity
- Consider methodologies, consistency, information management, project management, technology, and data governance
- Strive for high quality, alignment, transparency, credibility, and stakeholder input and executive buy-in as you implement your approach
Source: Human Capital Analytics: A Primer
Report # R-1500-12-RR
The Conference Board
Download the full report at this link: http://www.conference-board.org/publications/publicationdetail.cfm?publicationid=2352
About The Conference Board
The Conference Board is a global, independent business membership and research association working in the public interest. Our mission is unique: To provide the world’s leading organizations with the practical knowledge they need to improve their performance and better serve society. The Conference Board is a non-advocacy, not-for-profit entity holding 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status in the United States. For more information, please visit www.conference-board.org
Follow The Conference Board
SOURCE The Conference Board
CONTACT: Peter Tulupman, +1-212-339-0231, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.conference-board.org
More articles by Press Releases...
- Can Mobile Devices Can Be More Secure than PCs? Yes, Here's Why... - 17-May-2013
- Top 10 Global Economies: How Costly Is A Hiring Mistake? - 17-May-2013
- Dow HRO Services Launched Successfully in Asia - 16-May-2013
- 14-Point Roadmap for "Improving Diverse Representation in the Boardroom" - 15-May-2013
- CXOs: You Can Now Strategically Manage Technology Investments - 15-May-2013
- CedarCrestone 2013–14 HR Systems Survey Now Open - 14-May-2013
- SMBs Struggling with PPACA, ADP Has A Webinar for You! - 13-May-2013
- Vendors: Have HRIS Customers But Not Sure What They Want? - 13-May-2013
- Athens, LinkedIn, Altimeter Group - What's Going On 16-May? - 13-May-2013
- Call for Presentations : IHRIM's Workforce Analytics Forum - 10-May-2013
To leave comments, you will need to sign in or register with facebook. To have your comments posted to your own facebook wall, be sure to click the 'Post to Profile' box. To minimize spam, all comments require admin approval before they will be displayed.
Benefits for Registering with The HRIS World
Using our registration option will allow you to receive our latest articles via email (you can opt out at any time) -- either allposts or posts for specific blogs.
|5 Common Hiring Mistakes
Read more about these mistakes, and how to avoid them in this whitepaper.
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds - by blog
Some More Information for You...
For the latest video briefs, check out any of our 50+ playlists on our YouTube channel...ADP : Brasil IT : Brasil IT-BPO : Ceridian : Cloud Computing : Epicor : HR Tech Europe : HR Technology Conference: IHRIM : Insight UK : Intel : Kenexa : Kronos : Mobile News : OpenText : Oracle : PeopleSoft : SAGE : SAP : SHRM : Success Magazine : Taleo : TechnoFunc : TowersWatson
You will also find our Microsoft and Microsoft Office 2010 YouTube video playlists helpful with your learning...Microsoft : Microsoft Office : 365 : Access : Excel : Lync : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint Workspace : Visio
AND NOW - Previews to Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2013 Applications!!!Microsoft : Microsoft Office : Access : Excel : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint : Visio