10 Steps Towards ERP Mobility
Save 40% when upgrading to Creative Cloud : For existing CS3 or later customers
This is a guest post by
Farrah Pappa, editor
Small-to-medium businesses are starting to consider expanding their ERP implementations to cater to today’s more mobile workforce.
There’s no doubt that taking your ERP to the cloud and offering employees mobile access can increase productivity and allow you to be more adaptive to your customer’s needs.
- Lower Upfront Costs – When you choose a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model for your ERP solution, you pay for only what you use, and you save money because you’re not purchasing any hardware or expensive software packages.
- IT Gets In and Out Quickly – A mobile page can be created for each department that provides a functionality set that fits their needs. When something goes wrong simply call the vendor to the fix the issue in real time instead of outsourcing.
- Simple Management – Web-based access to your ERP tool eliminates the need to for clunky software packages that require regular IT maintenance to servers, network connections or application software.
- Accessibility – Employees can get the information they need from any location, on any device, without the need for IT to maintain a virtual private network (VPN) or other security process.
- Security – Mobile security is hard to enforce and control, which has leads to the potential for leaving your sensitive data vulnerable to cybercriminals. You have no guarantee that your data will be completely secure because of the gaps in mobile security.
- Downtime – A huge factor to consider since your entire system runs on the availability of the Internet. If this goes down, so would your entire ERP infrastructure. Nothing in the cloud can be accessed without Internet access.
If you decide to go with a cloud-based ERP solution that supports mobile access, be proactive and access your needs before you start talking to vendors.
Taking ERP Mobile
Here are 10 tips to make sure you choose a solution that meets your needs today and in the future…
- Take the time to develop a purpose-based mobile ERP strategy
- Craft a strategy based on users and user needs
- Mirror your company’s operational reality
- Align your IT infrastructure with business requirements
- Choose a pay as you go plan
- Enable mobile devices to function as workstations
- Educate end-users on the importance of securing company data
- Serve the needs of those outside the organization—the customer
- Take advantage of the timeliness and accuracy of mobility
- Continually test data security for improvements
What has been your experience with mobilizing ERP? Are you in the planning phase? Implementing this now? Already mobilized? What advice can you share with our audience?
About Our Guest Blogger
More articles by Our Audience...
- Latest Technology Requires Higher Skill Levels -- Get Training! - 18-February-2013
- 10 Techniques to Effective Applicant Tracking - 14-February-2013
- Are You Learning Project Management the Right Way? - 14-February-2013
- How Do Those Headshots Get In Google Searches? - 13-February-2013
- Obtain A PMP Certification While Maintaining Your Work Schedule - 24-January-2013
- Entering the Workforce? What You Need to Know About Interviews - 22-January-2013
- How An Effective Absence Management Policy Can Benefit All - 17-January-2013
- What Are The Security Issues Surrounding Cloud Technology? - 11-January-2013
- The Grinch Who Stole Data - 19-December-2012
- How Cloud Systems Began: The Rise of the Virtual Machine - 12-December-2012
To leave comments, you will need to sign in or register with facebook. To have your comments posted to your own facebook wall, be sure to click the 'Post to Profile' box. To minimize spam, all comments require admin approval before they will be displayed.
Benefits for Registering with The HRIS World
Using our registration option will allow you to receive our latest articles via email (you can opt out at any time) -- either allposts or posts for specific blogs.
|5 Common Hiring Mistakes
Read more about these mistakes, and how to avoid them in this whitepaper.
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds - by blog
Some More Information for You...
For the latest video briefs, check out any of our 50+ playlists on our YouTube channel...ADP : Brasil IT : Brasil IT-BPO : Ceridian : Cloud Computing : Epicor : HR Tech Europe : HR Technology Conference: IHRIM : Insight UK : Intel : Kenexa : Kronos : Mobile News : OpenText : Oracle : PeopleSoft : SAGE : SAP : SHRM : Success Magazine : Taleo : TechnoFunc : TowersWatson
You will also find our Microsoft and Microsoft Office 2010 YouTube video playlists helpful with your learning...Microsoft : Microsoft Office : 365 : Access : Excel : Lync : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint Workspace : Visio
AND NOW - Previews to Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2013 Applications!!!Microsoft : Microsoft Office : Access : Excel : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint : Visio
Are you a SMB owner? a SMB CXO? Are you a SMB HRIS Software Vendor? Are you contemplating a HRIS Software system?
Click the Image Now to read more about this one-of-a-kind resource!
"With 20 years of HRIS implementation experience, I wish I had this book with me every time!"
-- Garrett O'Brien, The HRIS World editor
CompareHRIS.com has collected more than 90,000 data points and insights from nearly 1800 HR Technology and HR decision-makers during their needs assessment, software review, and purchase of SMB HRIS Software.
During this process, they reveal the connection between company size and what qualified buyers of HR technology feel is most important.
This Valuable Resource is available for a limited time at $395 This price expires on 15-Jun-2013!