Talent2012 – Day 2 Agenda
Save 40% when upgrading to Creative Cloud : For existing CS3 or later customers
London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
Editor’s Note: if you are in the London area tomorrow or Thursday, be sure to drop in on the Talent2012 conference being held at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park. If you are a senior L&D/HR professional from a large organisation, there is also a forum focused on your needs which will be held on Friday (more about his will be posted tomorrow). Here is the program for tomorrow’s events…
Agenda for Day 2: Thursday, 5th July 2012
08:30 Registration and refreshments
08:55 Chairman’s opening address
Chaired by: David Taylor, Founder, The Naked Leader
09:00 Keynote address: Leadership the non-theoretical way – A Ford Retail case study
- How Ford Retail differentiate ourselves in a highly commoditized market?
- What can your people do for your customer experience?
- Linking employability to profit: practical examples of how we are driving this
John Leathem, Leadership Development Director, Ford Retail
09:30 The Fidessa talent endeavour – aligning systems, process, culture and organisational readiness
- Where do you start when it all needs doing? How do you phase from learning to performance to talent management globally and, how can technology help?
- How do you build momentum, engagement and readiness with employees, managers and the organisation as a whole?
- What does it really mean to embark on such a project for the HR/ L&D functions of an organisation? And where can it lead?
- Can talent and succession planning begin at the candidate stage? And can technology enable this level of integration?
- What lessons has Fidessa learnt along the way? And what are the realised and aspirational benefits to the organisation?
Nick Halder Learning & Development, Fidessa
10:00 Morning coffee and networking
10:30 Building a future-proof organisation and changing behaviours to match, quickly
- Steps to building a common, innovative, sustainable solution together
- Ensuring engagement (and performance) through the change
- Future proofing your talent for the next crisis, in order to avoid talent fall-out
Christian Horne, HR Operations Director, Western Europe, Diageo Plc
11:00 Round-table discussions (use this time to start strategizing over implementation and discuss the morning’s topics)
12:00 Growing world class talent
As London gears up for the Olympics, Dominic Mahony, Team Leader for the GB Modern Pentathlon team, will explore the importance of growing world class talent. Drawing on his experience in high performance sport, as well as working in businesses on performance and leadership development, he will explore:
- The parallels between talent management in elite sport and business
- The balance between backing future potential versus past performance
- How business can create an environment which nurtures talent over the long term
- The role of leaders and management in developing talent
Dominic Mahony, Client Services Director, Lane4
12:30 Networking lunch
13:30 How to breed creativity in the workplace in order to achieve business goals
- Can you nurture talent to be creative problem solvers?
- How does innovation ensure concept and creation of some of our most successful products?
- Why encouraging creativity is helping us retain our talent
Stephan Thoma, Director, Global L&D, Google
14:00 The Employer Brand development – Getting the right consistency: linking the employer brand with the global brand
- The link with strategy and current market needs: case study China and Thailand
- Tapping into the Eastern market via graduate schemes
- How we leveraged our employer brand to gain a wider reach and attract the right candidates?
Peta Hay, Group Resource Director, Tesco Plc
14:30 Talent platforms in 2012: global yet local
- How we are looking to use our core HCM platform to shine a light on our talent
- How our social platforms further the talent agenda: bigger bangs – smaller costs
- What we feel the end state will be, what technology will come to the for and what the challenges
James Rule, Head of Talent Technology, Thomson Reuters
15:00 Afternoon tea and networking
15:30 Talent panel: Why are companies terrible at selecting, retaining, and motivating their talent?
- What plan can HR take to stop bleeding talent?
- Putting ownership on the leaders, not HR
- Is compensation the answer?
Heini Lahtela, HR Director, Nokia
Ronan Emmett, Global HR Director, Talent Management, Schneider Electric
Jorge Aisa Dreyfus, Global Head of Learning, Talent, Resourcing & OD, Global Businesses & Products, HSBC Bank
Peter-Andries Albrecht, Director, Talent Management & Organisation Development, VF Corporation – EMEA
Roel Lambrichts, Director, Talent Acquisition, Coca-Cola Enterprises
Shari Casey, Senior Manager, Learning & Development, EMEA, Expedia
16:30 Feedback from the floor and closing summary from the Chairman
16:45 End of conference
More articles by Garrett O'Brien...
- Have You Completed Your CedarCrestone 2013–2014 HR Systems Survey? - 13-June-2013
- SMB: A Weak Password Can Result In A Huge Financial Loss - 10-June-2013
- WEF East Asia: Courageous Transformation for Inclusion and Integration - 6-June-2013
- Technology or Not, Why Everyone is Your Customer - 6-June-2013
- If Disaster Struck Your Company, Would You Be Out of Work? - 29-May-2013
- It's All About Vigilance... - 27-May-2013
- Cloud is Dominating Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions - 22-May-2013
- Fearful Leadership Can Become Courageous Leadership - 22-May-2013
- Josh Bersin Speaks of “Glocalization” for HR: Fad or Direction? - 13-May-2013
- Why Multi-Tasking and Being Plugged-In All the Time Isn't - 9-May-2013
To leave comments, you will need to sign in or register with facebook. To have your comments posted to your own facebook wall, be sure to click the 'Post to Profile' box. To minimize spam, all comments require admin approval before they will be displayed.
Benefits for Registering with The HRIS World
Using our registration option will allow you to receive our latest articles via email (you can opt out at any time) -- either allposts or posts for specific blogs.
|5 Common Hiring Mistakes
Read more about these mistakes, and how to avoid them in this whitepaper.
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds - by blog
Our lists are updated daily for the latest video briefs,
resulting in our 2 channels having 10,000+ videos...
Open to See A Listing of the 100+ HRIS World Playlists
Provides the latest informative videos in 4 categories relating to the industries...
Research & Services...
Microsoft Personal Computing...
Vendors and Conferences...
Open to See A Listing of the 50+ HRIS Career World Playlists
Provides the latest informative videos in 6 categories relating to HR and your career...