Improve Project Management? Time & Attendance Software
Save 40% when upgrading to Creative Cloud : For existing CS3 or later customers
This article is from guest blogger
Erica Bell, writer.
As a Human Resources (HR) professional, time management is key to performing your job well.
With the constant stream of tasks from hiring to figuring out payroll services, things can sometimes become overwhelming.
Time and attendance software can help you save time and money. There are a number of options currently available to match the needs of your company, whether you work with a small business or large corporation.
Here are 3 common types of software systems to take into account as you consider time and attendance software for your office.
Web-Based Time Clock Systems
Web-based time clock systems have benefits and pitfalls.
If your employees travel often, but work at a monitored rate, a web-based system allows them to clock in from wherever they can access the internet…
- You can save the company money by keeping to-the-minute time records
- Employees can clock in and out from offsite locations. This is a great tool for companies who employees work remotely. However, time theft can occur more easily. A few minutes here and there can quickly add up
- Pricing for web-based systems are usually monthly. Small business owners may able to budget for this more easily than paying a lump sum up front
- Some web-based time and attendance systems allow for the integration of payroll software
If you want to reduce the number of programs used in your office, a web-based system may be the way to go.
With high-tech time and attendance solutions you can easily and accurately collect data on hours worked, track vacation time, sick time and even break time…
- On-site time and attendance systems also allow to-the-minute time records
- Depending on the size of your offices and the number of employees, you may have to invest in more than one on-site system, increasing the overall cost
- Some automated timekeeping systems integrate easily with popular finance and payroll programs, saving you time and money
If you have a small business or office, such as a small retail boutique, a PC-based time system may work the best. Employees can log in using the same computer and different accounts…
- You may not need an internet connection, depending on the software, which can come in handy if your business is in a remote location
- Depending on the software, you can manage all reports from the same computer where employees log in. You won’t need additional software or hardware
- Employee time theft or inflation is less likely to occur than with a web-based systems as employees must be present to clock in
Time and attendance software can control employee absenteeism by keeping better and more accurate records. It can also reduce employee time theft and employ the latest time and attendance technology to your benefit.
You can make payroll easier by automatically integrating time and attendance records with your payroll software or system.
Do the research about which system works best for your company and you can find the software that benefits your company most… and makes your job in HR much easier.
More articles by Our Audience...
- Latest Technology Requires Higher Skill Levels -- Get Training! - 18-February-2013
- 10 Techniques to Effective Applicant Tracking - 14-February-2013
- Are You Learning Project Management the Right Way? - 14-February-2013
- How Do Those Headshots Get In Google Searches? - 13-February-2013
- Obtain A PMP Certification While Maintaining Your Work Schedule - 24-January-2013
- Entering the Workforce? What You Need to Know About Interviews - 22-January-2013
- How An Effective Absence Management Policy Can Benefit All - 17-January-2013
- What Are The Security Issues Surrounding Cloud Technology? - 11-January-2013
- The Grinch Who Stole Data - 19-December-2012
- How Cloud Systems Began: The Rise of the Virtual Machine - 12-December-2012
To leave comments, you will need to sign in or register with facebook. To have your comments posted to your own facebook wall, be sure to click the 'Post to Profile' box. To minimize spam, all comments require admin approval before they will be displayed.
Benefits for Registering with The HRIS World
Using our registration option will allow you to receive our latest articles via email (you can opt out at any time) -- either allposts or posts for specific blogs.
|5 Common Hiring Mistakes
Read more about these mistakes, and how to avoid them in this whitepaper.
Podcasts - all articles
Kindle - all blogs
RSS feeds - by blog
Some More Information for You...
For the latest video briefs, check out any of our 50+ playlists on our YouTube channel...ADP : Brasil IT : Brasil IT-BPO : Ceridian : Cloud Computing : Epicor : HR Tech Europe : HR Technology Conference: IHRIM : Insight UK : Intel : Kenexa : Kronos : Mobile News : OpenText : Oracle : PeopleSoft : SAGE : SAP : SHRM : Success Magazine : Taleo : TechnoFunc : TowersWatson
You will also find our Microsoft and Microsoft Office 2010 YouTube video playlists helpful with your learning...Microsoft : Microsoft Office : 365 : Access : Excel : Lync : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint Workspace : Visio
AND NOW - Previews to Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2013 Applications!!!Microsoft : Microsoft Office : Access : Excel : OneNote : Outlook : PowerPoint : Web Apps : Word : Microsoft Windows phone : Publisher : Project : SharePoint : Visio