This is a guest post by
Farrah Pappa, editor
Small-to-medium businesses are starting to consider expanding their ERP implementations to cater to today’s more mobile workforce.
There’s no doubt that taking your ERP to the cloud and offering employees mobile access can increase productivity and allow you to be more adaptive to your customer’s needs.
If you decide to go with a cloud-based ERP solution that supports mobile access, be proactive and access your needs before you start talking to vendors.
Taking ERP Mobile
Here are 10 tips to make sure you choose a solution that meets your needs today and in the future…
- Take the time to develop a purpose-based mobile ERP strategy
- Craft a strategy based on users and user needs
- Mirror your company’s operational reality
- Align your IT infrastructure with business requirements
- Choose a pay as you go plan
- Enable mobile devices to function as workstations
- Educate end-users on the importance of securing company data
- Serve the needs of those outside the organization—the customer
- Take advantage of the timeliness and accuracy of mobility
- Continually test data security for improvements
What has been your experience with mobilizing ERP? Are you in the planning phase? Implementing this now? Already mobilized? What advice can you share with our audience?
About Our Guest Blogger
More articles by Our Audience...
- Latest Technology Requires Higher Skill Levels -- Get Training! - 18-February-2013
- 10 Techniques to Effective Applicant Tracking - 14-February-2013
- Are You Learning Project Management the Right Way? - 14-February-2013
- How Do Those Headshots Get In Google Searches? - 13-February-2013
- Obtain A PMP Certification While Maintaining Your Work Schedule - 24-January-2013
- Entering the Workforce? What You Need to Know About Interviews - 22-January-2013
- How An Effective Absence Management Policy Can Benefit All - 17-January-2013
- What Are The Security Issues Surrounding Cloud Technology? - 11-January-2013
- The Grinch Who Stole Data - 19-December-2012
- Infographic: The @Work State of Mind - 29-November-2012